1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a someone with a criminal record file for green card for spouse

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by scameron9599, Jun 9, 2011.

1. scameron9599

scameron9599 New Member

Hi,

i need some advice.

i am trying to figure out if my boyfriend can marry me and file for my greencard. He has a criminal record. he was convicted for facilitating a murder and was locked up for 6 years. with this history can he help me?

please respond.

thanks,
    Shelly

2. legolas007

legolas007 Registered Users (C)

slim chances...

3. BigJoe5

BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

If he is USC, he can file an I-130 for a spouse. Are you in the U.S. legally or outside the U.S.?

4. scameron9599

scameron9599 New Member

Yes, he is a US citizen. i am here on a H1B visa

5. Jackolantern

Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

He can file for you, but be prepared for a hellacious interview, especially if he got out of prison recently. The interviewer will wonder why in the hell an educated professional like you would want to marry somebody who assisted in a murder, and will be suspicious that you're marrying just to get a green card.

6. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Help you with what?

7. scameron9599

scameron9599 New Member

Thank you. you are right that what i was wondering. cause i hold degrees and years of professional work experience. now i am wondering what the hell i was thinking.

Thanks again!

8. legolas007

legolas007 Registered Users (C)

as i said before
    p.s. and if you really love each other...you wont be posting such questions on immigration forum ;)... IO would clearly label you as a GC hunter

my 2¢

9. adnanusa

adnanusa Registered Users (C)

hehhehehehehehe