California Service Center Processing Time

IT WAS MY FIRST TIME TO REGISTER. I PUT MY MESSAGE ON THE NEW THREAD. SORRY.. ANYWAYS, I WANT TO KNOW IF SOMEONE CAN ANSWER ME... I WAS THINKING OF FILLING FOR THE K3 VISA. I ALREADY FILED THE I-130 FOR MY HUSBAND LAST AUG.8,'03 SINCE IT WAS TAKING SO LONG, IM THINKING THAT IT WOULD BE FASTER FOR THIS K3. THEY WERE ONLY PROCESSING THE I-130 FOR FEB.28,03. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF IT IS BETTER AND FASTER FOR THE K3 RATHER THAN WAIT FOR THE I-130 THOUGH IT HAS BEEN 8 MONTHS NOW. I STILL HAVEN'T GET ANY APPROVAL YET. SOME OF THE PEOPLE I ASKED THEIR I-130 GOT HERE (U.S) FOR THE TOTAL OF 8-10 MONTHS ONLY AND THAT WAS ONLY 2 YEARS AGO. PLEASE GIVE AN ADVISE! THANK YOU!

bHeB20,

I would definately file for the I129f as soon as you can. Be sure to include a copy of the NOA from the I130 when you submit the I129f.

I got both I129f and I130 approvals in the same day.

Best of luck.

THANK YOU SHAZ1972! IT WAS REALLY A GREAT NEWS THAT YOU FINALLY GOT THE APPROVAL. I'LL SURELY DO YOUR ADVISE AS SOON AS I GET MY HUSBAND'S PICTURE. I JUST HOPE I WOULD GET AN APPROVAL AS EARLY AS YOURS.
PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED. AND I'LL DO THE SAME.
THANK YOU AGAIN SHAZ1972. IT WAS REALLY A BIG HELP.

You are welcome BHE... It took them nearly 6 months to send me the approval for I129f. I just received a letter from NVC stating that my wife will receive further instructions (PACKET 3.5) with in a week. I will keep you posted.

ins delay

help
Hi guys.
I'm from Romania and i got marriet to Dan last year on july4.We applied for for i130 and they received our petition on july11.But when Dan talked with them on phone ins said that it could be faster with I129 fiancee visa so applied for that too and they received our petition on august 25.In november we got a letter from them where they asked us photos with us and aa copy after marriage ceritificate.They said they got our letter on december9.We suppose to have an answer by March 9 and yet no answer.When Dan called on march 9 they said we are on case review...what is that???...and it will take about 4 weeks .After this time he called again and no answer yet.And now he asked for an inquiry why is taking so long.They wanted another 30 days.what is going on???Can anybody tell me??Plsss

andracristina

It is generally taking them a lot longer in I130 cases. "case review" only means that your case file is under process. I had to file for an inquiry aswell and took them the whole month to complete the inquiry. I just kept checking on the BCIS website for case status. BCIS

Afer the 30 days from the initial inquiry request, the I129F showed approved on the website. I also checked I130 status and still had the same thing it had said for months 990 days to 990 days:mad: but then a couple of weeks went by and there they were!!! Both I130 and I129F approval letters sitting in my mail box. They were to send the files to NVC and I would receive a receipt from NVC soon. An additional couple of weeks went by and I received the letter from NVC for the I129F which read that they would be e-mailing the file to the consulate within the week.

April 12th.. my wife received the packet from the consular section in Islamabad, Pakistan with a interview date for May 12th!

They require the usual things like medical report, police cert, I134, g325. I am getting all the paperwork together. I was told to get a letter of employment together aswell and have it notarized? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope this helps. Pray for us and good luck to you all.

Shaz

My Wife will be here today!

After all the waiting and anticipation. My wife is finally arriving today. Just wanted to update anyone who is following up so they can have a time frame in mind. Good luck to you all and if anyone needs to ask me a question, feel free to drop me a e-mail at shazansari@yahoo.com.

NEW California Service Center Processing Times????

This thread doesn't look like its been touched since 2004.

It's now 2006 and I need advice on how long its taking people to get approved using the I-129F petition for fiance. I applied in October - and the "case processing times" on the website say they are now working on cases "received in June 1, 2006" --- hope is dwindling!! :(

I was hoping that our petition would be approved in 3 months. My fiance reads all the forums about visa petitions in his own language and he read somewhere that someone applied in August and was approved in October - thats about 3 months!! But.. all I read here sounds hopeless!!!

HELP PLEASE ANYONE!! :)
thanx!!

Hang in there!

Sorry for your frustration, AngelEyes. Though this thread isn't much active, you'll learn a lot reading through it, and PATIENCE is the rule of the day. If the svs ctr is really six months out, then I'd add another two before your beloved can expect an appt overseas. And unless you want major nuptial nervousness, I'd put the wedding at about a month after that. So, realistically, 9 months from "form received" to "wedding" is safest. WE started out (naively) planning a wedding in late August...then Sept...then (to be safe) November. Got lucky with weather there (Israel), and of course Maui is nice year 'round.

As for me, I'm not happily married (Nov '03), have twins that are 26 months old, and my wife just (today ironically) got her permant unconditional Green Card (good for 10 years). Trust me, what you are going through is the hardest emotionally. Later you'll just run through lots of forms and interviews and stuff to actually get the conditional green card (hint: take care of legal matters like drivers licenses and Social Security numbers while the K1 visa is still valid, or you'll have to wait until the Green Card is issued to start). But you WILL get there.

Next step for us: Citizenship. May God be with us.

Timothy

my I29F Application

I studied the K1 process and wanted to apply on my own but at the last minute decided not to take chances and hired a lawyer.

I29F Application received by California service center on November 28 2006
I'm told by the lawyer that it's taking 2-3 months

My citizenship process was less than 6 months so I hope this takes much less :)

Good luck to all

can you post your NOA

I had spoken with someone at CSC about a month ago and they said the processing of applications was put on hold due to some special project but they have resumed it.

I wrote a letter to CSC more than a month ago asking for clarification on discrepancy between the National Customer Service estimate of 3 to 4 months and the estimate of 205 to 235 stated on the receipt, but they haven't replied to my letter yet.

I would like to see your notice of Action the reciepts, because mine did not speceifed andy estimate time. or setting no perimeter as to what point the fapplication would be determined. This is would help me and others if anyone decide to bring law suite in federal court for conflicting informaition to applicants

Last edited by a moderator:
hey
can anyone tell me how long is take I-130 case need to be done.because i applied oct,10.2002. but its still proccing in CSC Thank you