California Service Center Processing Time

bhojanis

Registered Users (C)
My I-129F petition was received by California Service Center (CSC) on Feb. 5, 2003. The current information on website indicates they are processing Nov. 22, 2002 and that date is hardly advancing based on the archives.

I am wondering if there's anyone who filed an I-129F with CSC and if they can share their timeline with me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salim, you and I are in the same boat on this one. Mine was only received on March 3rd, and they said "205 to 235 days" for this type of application (!). I've also noticed that they seem to have stopped working on these around November. I'm hoping that this is not correct. I have wedding plans for October, and now I'm not sure. I may fax them an inquiry, asking if the November date is accurate. For both our sake, I hope not.

The National Customer Service Center seems to say that four months is about average, but I'm not so sure that they are right.

Maybe others will read this and supply some needed information.

Timothy
:(

I had spoken with someone at CSC about a month ago and they said the processing of applications was put on hold due to some special project but they have resumed it.

I wrote a letter to CSC more than a month ago asking for clarification on discrepancy between the National Customer Service estimate of 3 to 4 months and the estimate of 205 to 235 stated on the receipt, but they haven't replied to my letter yet.

No, I called the number indicated on the Receipt Notice, 949-831-8427. I was not aware of the other number. I'll post a reply here as soon as there is any development.

I would really like to see the update posted on the processing dates. Most recent one available is from 2/15/03. I was hoping there would be one from 3/1/03, but now let's see if one comes out for 3/15/03.

Does anyone know if there's an official website posting the procesing times?

Processing Time Updated!

Yes, they finally show the March 1st update (and we're almost to April!). Shows 12/3/02, which is about 90 days "out", which isn't too bad all things considered. If they keep to this pace, and my petition is quickly approved, my October wedding date is still a possibility. Hopefully this will work as well for you.

TF
:D

Yes, lets keep our fingers crossed

I am hoping that she would be able to come to the US around July/August timeframe. My receipt date is 2/5/03. Once CSC forwards it to the embassy, I still have to wait through whatever backlog they may have.

Good Luck.

I spoke with the Visa unit at the Tel-Aviv embassy a few weeks ago. They said that it usually takes about a month after they receive the approval from the US before an interview happens.
I'm not so sure that you can count on July/August, but I certainly wish you the best of luck.

TF

Update - CA Processing time and foreign consulate wait

Couple of things to share with the readers.

1. There is an update from CA Service Center. As of 3/15/03, they are processing 12/23/02. That's a good improvement. They moved forward 20 days between 3/1/03 and 3/15/03. Lets hope they keep the pace.

2. Called the consulate in Islamabad, Pakistan and asked how long will they take before contacting the beneficiary once they receive the approved application. I was told they would contact the beneficiary immediately. There is no waiting. EXCEPT, due to current conditions and security concerns, they have cancelled all interviews since around 3/20/03 and they don't know when they will resume. I was also told by them that CA Service Center will send the application directly to the consulate, it doesn't have to go through the National Center for visa number allotment. That makes sense since the Fiancee visa is not an immigrant visa, as I understand it.

Good Luck to all.

I-129F for Fiancee Approved

Here is an updated timeline on my I-129F filed with the California Service Center.

02/07/2003 - Application Received.

05/29/2003 - Service Center requested additional information (I forgot to write 'NONE' for some of the questions like fiancee's children, other names, previous spouse, etc.)

06/05/2003 - Service Center received my response to their request for additional information.

06/12/2003 - Approved.

Now we're waiting for the foreign consulate to receive the application and schedule an interview. I will post more updates as they are available.

Good Luck.

Hey, thanks! That's encouraging news. They still have only the 5/15 update showing, and working on mid February I recall. Mine was received on 3/3/03 (so they say), and it seems that I can expect action soon <inshallah>.

Hopefully I didn't leave any important blanks in the form! We need to get the wedding party hall booked, etc. We're hoping for October 4th.

BEST of luck and Marbruk to you.

TF:)

Just got a request for more info posting online. So thats 1st NOA 25th Feb, and this request 20th June. Hope its nothing to out of the ordinary and we can get it all sorted asap.

Hi, Rob. Sorry, but I don't quite follow your line of thinking. Sounds like you got an NOA in Feb, then something else in June. Was your NOA a non-approval? or perhaps you had more items pending.

In my case, I'm hoping for an approval next week so I can ready myself for the next hurdle.

Timothy:confused:

I see. But perhaps you don't mean a "notice of action" (Form I-797), since that is your approval or disapproval notification. Maybe you mean the acknowledgement of your petition? I got that showing it was assigned a number on March 3rd. So, if I'm right, I'm about a week behind you and Bhojanis. HOPEFULLY it will be an NOA approval without any questions for more information, but, on my G325A for myself, I forgot to put "none" for "former spouses". I didn't forget on the I-129F regarding her, so she's clear, but they COULD want that cleared up prior to my getting an approval. Heck if I know.

Oh well, I'm close either way.

Best of luck!
:cool:

California Service Center - F-Visa Issues

hELLO TO EVERY ONE!
I am new to this terrible "paper chase". Can anyone tell why the employees a the BCIS are so ignorant. They cannot or refuse to teel me anyhting I do not alreay know. The actually come short of telling me "don't call us it is a waste of time". I have found this to be true. I was told in April that it was a 2 month pocessing time at the CSC. In May I was told 4 months with no reason and they added that the Philippines office would be worse.
Where do you all find these updates? I had to call a Sentor's office and had their "immigration person" look something up and tell me they were working on Apps. from 2/15/03 The "immigration" site gives a date for 2/25/03 as of today 6/21. So they have moved 2 wks. in 2 wks time. My congressional contacts have assurred me that it takes all of 30-60 min. to process an app. but it must sit in the pile for 120 days before one of the overworked BCIS staff looks at it. Appauling!!!! (can't spell)
The entire situation is chaos. No one knows anything and I am begining to think that there has to be a better way. My Gov't is not serving my needs and I know this is the party line in DC. They have cut back staff and we have to suffer.
It is the unwillingness of BCIS to be cooperative, in any way, that I find most disturbing. They have even told me that my Senator does not know what he is talking about.
Any sites for information will be greatly appreciated! Any advise or suggestions will also be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
paladin

I-129F for Fiancee - Forwarded by NVC to Foreign Consulate

Here is an updated timeline on my I-129F filed with the California Service Center.

02/07/2003 - Application Received by CSC.

05/29/2003 - Service Center requested additional information (I forgot to write 'NONE' for some of the questions like fiancee's children, other names, previous spouse, etc.)

06/05/2003 - Service Center received my response to their request for additional information.

06/12/2003 - Approved by CSC and sent to NVC (National Visa Center) for further processing

06/18/2003 - Processed by NVC and forwarded to Foreign Consulate.

Thanks! Hey, can you tell me how you knew about the NVC processing actions? It sounds like they told you this without having to ask. Would be nice.

I really appreciate your brief, but informative, posts!

TF:p

The approval notice from CSC stated that the case has been sent to NVC and that I should expect to hear from them in 2-4 weeks. It also listed a phone number I could call to get the status.

When I called the NVC the first time, probably around 6/15/03, I was told that due to 9/11, they are now requesting Security Clearance on all cases and she didn't know how long it will take. When I called again on 6/23/03, I was told that the case was already forwarded to the consulate on 6/18/03.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

I have a question regarding K visa. If a person works in country A and he's from country B, can a K-visa be issued through the consulate in country A or does it have to be done in country B?

Thanks and best of luck to all.