California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navdod

CSC Processing Delays on I-485s and I-140s

Recently, the California Service Center (CSC) has been responding to inquiries on I-485 applications for adjustment of status that have been pending since November 2001. and beyond. Their response to these status inquiries sheds some light on why there has been no advancement in the processing of these cases.

On July 18, 2003, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) announced that due to the sunset (end) of the religious worker category on September 30, 2003, that resources that would normally be devoted to other cases, must be allocated to the religious worker cases. Therefore, the CSC is temporarily directing resources away from I-140 and non-religious worker I-485 applications to concentrate on the religious worker cases.

Until September 30, 2003, CSC warns that there will be delays in responding to inquiries for Forms I-140, concurrently filed I-140s/I-485s and for I-485s filed based on approved I-140 petitions, because of prioritizing of the applications types associated with the sunset. The CSC is requesting that we withhold any inquiries for impacted cases until after the sunset and they promise that they will resume normal adjudication and inquiry processing after September 30, 2003. This means that we can anticipate continued delays at the CSC for these types of cases at least until October. Realistically, this also means that we will continue to see delays beyond October as the CSC tries to work out from under the delayed processing. We will keep you advised as we obtain more information.

What is 'Religious worker Visa' ???

Hi Titam01

Coudl you please let me know what do you mean by "sunset (end) of the religious worker category " in this paragraph.??

"On July 18, 2003, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) announced that due to the sunset (end) of the religious worker category on September 30, 2003"

Thanks

Remanded

AVM says my case got remanded to state yesterday. Details -

Case # 0953****
DOT 999.151-051
DOL RD 11/6/2002

Small consulting company in Bay area with layoffs last year.
Surprising part is, we had got a couple of approvals a month back for similar positions. It all depends on your luck. So I guess that's the end of the road for me!
All the best to you guys.

Re: Remanded

Originally posted by DOLkemaaki
AVM says my case got remanded to state yesterday. Details -

Case # 0953****
DOT 999.151-051
DOL RD 11/6/2002

Small consulting company in Bay area with layoffs last year.
Surprising part is, we had got a couple of approvals a month back for similar positions. It all depends on your luck. So I guess that's the end of the road for me!
All the best to you guys.

Sorry to hear that dude. That sucks.
Did u receive any NOFs or was it auto remanded?
I hope you find some alternate way - thru someother state or something.

Re:

Jnathan,
I have not heard officially from my lawyer yet - so I dont know if it was auto-remanded or NOF. The AVM just says remanded - so I am assuming the worse.
D

Re: Remanded

Oh, thats sad news. Has DOL started doing auto-remand again? Return of the dragon!?!

Please let us know if DOL gave your company NOF or not.

DOLkemaaki

That really is a bad news. sorry to hear that.
But since your RD is early Nov and DOL is currently going thru end of November Iam thinking whether it might be NOF'd first.
Please do confirm whether it is Auto Remand or NOF , this would help understand DOL's attitude for the upcoming cases.

Seems pretty unfair that the decision to deny or remand or approve is left to the whims and fancies of a particular individual.

How many times do they expect an employer to conduct recruitment tests?
The employer does a goodfaith recruitment at the beginning and that should be it....just because the economy went south since then does not mean they can remand or deny all of a sudden.....wish there was something we could do.....

Labor cleared after 22 months

Hi
Just want to share the information that my labor cleared after waiting for 22 months. So still there is hope at the end of the tunnel. My DOL date was Nov 2002. and dot code 151.032

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Labor cleared after 22 months

congratulations!
Must be a huge relief.
can u post details of whether u got a nof etc?
Originally posted by ub40
Hi
Just want to share the information that my labor cleared after waiting for 22 months. So still there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

Interesting...so far from what I have seen, anyone who receives an assessment notice from EDD gets thru fine with DOL.

Smaller companies ( probably because layoffs,if any, are not visible) seem to have a higher success ratio.

No RFE. The only RFE I got was in state. I work for a small company in bay area with no lay off.

RD at DOL?

No RFE. The only RFE I got was in state. I work for a small company in bay area with no lay off.

hey ub40, can you tell us the date of your RD at DOL?

inquiry

Has anyone had any experience with submitting inquiry on his/her pending case to DOL? If so, could you post the outcome and the wait time? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.