1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A journalist is interested in finding a Canadian who has overstayed their legal visit to the United States and is willing to talk about their story and why this happened. Given the topic, he said he can quote them anonymously in the story if necessary. Please contact him by "Clicking Here"

Dismiss Notice

CA driver license delayed due to legal presence check pending

Discussion in 'Issues Related to Obtaining Driver's License from ' started by axs2021, Jul 20, 2011.

1. HyperPiggle

HyperPiggle New Member

This thread has been very helpful for the 3 times in 4 years that I had to go through this process, so I wanted to post something that seems to have helped me - emailing CPDCCSSM@dmv.ca.gov, explaining the situation (how long you've been waiting etc) and giving them your name and DL number. They forwarded the email on to the relevant people and I got a response from those people very promptly. The documents didn't even need to be resubmitted which was interesting because the phone query seems to consistently require faxing the same documents again, then calling back to check they've received them.

Maybe I've been trying at the wrong time of day but the phone system has hung up on me due to call volume the last 50 times I've tried it.

Aleein likes this.
  2. khrfx4

khrfx4 New Member

Excellent post HyperPiggle. I had the email from another post in this thread and would have repeated it in my post above, but your post is backed up by experience, which is what people really need to hear.

I think calling, snail mailing or emailing will work with the Legal Presence Unit so everyone has three different ways to contact these people. This thread is by far the best information on this problem anywhere on the net which I have found.

3. Aleein

Aleein New Member

Update:
    Hi! Thank you. I have been very busy so I didn't post my update. I was finally able to get my phone call answered by a representative, I did try several times during the day to succeed. The representative was very kind and mentioned they had some doubts with my documents and some dates so requested me to fax everything, the doubts they had were resolved and a week later I received my license . Thank you for answering, definitely if you are in my situation keep on calling, don't give up, once you are able to talk to a representative not the computer, things go easier. Good luck!