• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Bye Bye DV Lottery !

BlueCobra

The nightmare has turned into reality.

The president elect has clear agenda on immigration.

Personally speaking, I don't see DV program continuing in Trump era.

Of course, he can't scrape the program like that, for that he'll need congress' approval. However, his
party has the majority in the congress too. So getting the congress' stamp won't be difficult.

As the proceedings for DV 2018 has already taken place, so may be they announce the winners
on May 2, 2017. However, after that there would be no more green card lottery.

DV 2018 is your last chance really to get the green card.

You need to stop propagating and spreading unfounded rumors please. What is your source regarding DV2018 being the last one? Just stop the rumor mongering!!

Lol, even before Trump we always get some anxious fear mongerer posting things like this. I think I've seen it at least once a year since I started entering the lottery, which I think was back in 2009.

Yes the DV lottery will probably end one day, as part of a much needed immigration reform. But there is actually nothing at all that Trump has said that has any implications for DV as a whole - the only direct inference might be "extreme vetting" for selectees from certain countries, though if you ask any Iranian selectee, that vetting already seems pretty extreme.

My dream of being in usa will be over in a second if that were to happen. ... what could I do get into usa? hmmm marry a usa citizen would be a way.... A deceitful thing .... couldn't do that unless I would truly be in love.. so dv is my only ticket to usa. I am too out of credit and couldn't afford any other way.

My dream of being in usa will be over in a second if that were to happen. ... what could I do get into usa? hmmm marry a usa citizen would be a way.... A deceitful thing .... couldn't do that unless I would truly be in love.. so dv is my only ticket to usa. I am too out of credit and couldn't afford any other way.
Why do you sound so desperate? I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that you live in NZ?
You could learn more skills that could be useful in being sponsored or you could set up a small business.
What I'm saying there are more ways to qualify for immigration to the US, even though the DV lottery is obviously the easiest.

Everyone who's here have a dream of landing in America. Why a re you here? Isn't it because you want to be in Usa. Desperate. .... not quite the word. ... I think experience would be the word. Skills, I'm already working on that.... we arrived here in April. I am just completing my first semester at UOA. So, I am doing something about it. I am a teenager, I have dreams like any other teenager. And yes I do have permanent residency in New Zealand. I came across a student at university from USA, he said that he thought New Zealand was heaven compared to USA, I disagreed. ... Of course. Different perspectives.

Everyone who's here have a dream of landing in America. Why a re you here? Isn't it because you want to be in Usa. Desperate. .... not quite the word. ... I think experience would be the word. Skills, I'm already working on that.... we arrived here in April. I am just completing my first semester at UOA. So, I am doing something about it. I am a teenager, I have dreams like any other teenager. And yes I do have permanent residency in New Zealand. I came across a student at university from USA, he said that he thought New Zealand was heaven compared to USA, I disagreed. ... Of course. Different perspectives.
That's right, we all have that dream - I was just responding to your post that sounded like you were feeling lost and saw no other way to make it to the US, in case the DV lottery was to be axed. That to me did in fact sound desperate, so it prompted me to encourage you, by stating there are more ways to achieve your goal, apart from a DV lottery selection and marrying a US citizen or PR (if it's deemed a genuine partnership). Being in NZ for instance, gives you a great advantage to prepare for your eventual move. Good luck to all of us ;)