Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Not yet sir. The letter mentioned I should get reply in 20 weeks. Two weeks are already over.

has anybody got any info after recieving AOR in the last couple of weeks?

Hi,
How long does it take to get any info about interview/medical after recieving AOR. The letter recieved with file number says that we should get the next letter in 20 weeks. Its past 20 weeks, so I am concerened. Any help with regards to this info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

18 weeks passed. Just waiting.

Could you please tell me when you applied for the PR and when did you recieve your file number? We applied in April 25th and recieved the fiel number in June 30th.

Thanks
Shirni

Applied on 31st March and recieved the file number on 16th June

Expecting another letter sometime this week ,if that 20 weeks as per the letter is true.
Thanks

I get an automated message, has anybody got any other phone number to reach the Canadian Consulate

Yes, you got Auto answering machine, you need press keys

Once you get to auto answering machine,
press 1, go to english,
then press 2, go to applied in US,
then press 0, check the status,
then keep on the line, the representative will be there.
good luck, let us know what he/she tells you.

Application mailed today...NEXT Steps>??

I sent the application today. The finger prints card was mailed on Oct 30th to the FBI.
Please correct me here if I am wrong:

1. In 3 months aprox. I will receive my File Number.

2. In 2 weeks I will receive the FBI report.

3. I will have until having the file number to mail the FBI report to Buffalo.

4. Once getting the FIle Number, Buffalo will take 20 weeks to send me the Medical exam letter, and if my interview is waived it will be said then.

5. If my interview is waived, how much more should I wait to get my Landing Status?

6. How many months do I have to wait from the moment I send the FBI report?

Thanks for your support!
(It is amazing how nicely they treat me on the phone when I call to Buffalo. Or is it just my impression?)

Was told that processing times have changed to 40 weeks, so we have to just wait !!

Do you think we can live in Canada on visitor\'s while waiting for the assessment papers or medical/

or if you know of any other visa type which will help us stay there.
Any info regarding this is appreciated.
Thank you

I got multiple entry visa ..

and its valid for two years, they charged me about $100/-( i don\'t remember ). When I first entered into canada they gave me 3 month entry. I think you can stay there but you need to come back to US for interview etc.

thanks for the info, so it is fine to go to canada as a visitor while we wait for the PR papers.

Hi GJI, I have a question...

Did you have any problems getting the visitor\'s visa and did you disclose about your Canadian PR papers in process?
Thanks.

No I did not had any problems. Not even a single question asked.

They were rather happy. You can take your bank statement and try to get an invitation letter from a canadian friend. I wanted to see Niagra falls from Canadian side also. But they did not asked me anything about immigration etc.