1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both on TN Visa, Spouse applying for H1-B to get a Greencard, should I...?

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by erzerz, Aug 7, 2017.

  1. erzerz

    erzerz New Member

    My spouse and I we both are computer engineers from Mexico working under TN Visa, for different employers.

    In order to obtain a Greencard, we both asked for our employers to change to H1-B. Only my spouse was accepted to be sponsored.

    Our goal is for both to get a greencard.

    Can I apply for a greencard after my spouse gets one? I will still be on a TN Visa, so I don't know if that's possible.
    Can I still be working under TN if I applied for an H-4 visa and filed for permission to work under H-4?
    What would you advise?

    Thank you so much for your help!

Share This Page