Boston timelines

bostonite

Registered Users (C)
1. Can someone tell what are the boston timelines.

2. Does State matter in applying citizenship. Like if I move to NH ( as I live on the border but still in boston ) and live there for 3 months and apply from there.

3. 4 years and 9 months for applying exclude the vacations( 3 weeks each year ) or include i.e do I have to wait for 4 year 9 months plus 12 weeks ( 3 weeks for 4 years)

4. Do you normally file by yourself with the documentation or is it adviceable to have a lawyer.

thanks a ton in advance & have a very pleasant day

Any bostonite

Any one from boston and everywhere on this thread is welcome , citizen or to be citizen

How do I get Boston ( MA ) information

No one from MA - Boston or neighbouring town

have a great weekend

JoeF, I don't think you understood the questions being asked. As always, you pulled answers out of your private sun-dont-shine area to give misinformed answers.

JoeF said:
The DOs have different processing times, so it could matter. If you are already eligible, you waste 3 months though, when you move to another state.
The original poster asked, if he here to move from MA to NH and apply, is that legal. Answer is, Yes, it is legal as long as you satisfy the 3 month residency requirement. The 3 month wastage that JoeF refers to applies depending on which stage of processing you are in, and does not apply to this poster. Clear and simple, you could move to NH and apply from there.

JoeF said:
The "Guide to Naturalization", available on the USCIS website, lists the exact requirements. If no single trip abroad was longer than 6 months, you can apply up to 90 days before the 5th anniversary of becoming a PR.
It is called "Guide to Naturalization" for good reason. It is a guideline, and not the law. I know folks who were outside the country for longer time (working for American company abroad), and maintaining ties to US who have absolutely no problem during naturalization process. JoeF, thanks for reading paragraphs out of the "Guide", but let's try to give some credit to the original poster as some one who has already read the Guide. JoeF, take your arrogance and stuff it (words made famous by Teresa)

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04