Border crossing

sivak_c

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

Those whod ont have visa's be careful while crossing the border. INS may tight the visa entry people at any time. if you are status is eventhogh legal but careful

Good luck

Can anyone confirm the VISA requirment for Common wealth countries? Are they asking for stamp visa at the POE? Please comment

Originally posted by sivak_c
Hello friends,

Those whod ont have visa's be careful while crossing the border. INS may tight the visa entry people at any time. if you are status is eventhogh legal but careful

Good luck

First it has to be published in the Federal Register. 45 days has to pass. Then only INS can ask for a visa stamp.

Can anyone who entered USA after New years confirmed that if PR of Canada now requires Stamped VISA to visit USA.

Siddiqi101, you seem quite paranoid in a number of discussion threads! The policy remains unchanged. Canadian landed immigrants holding nationalities of British Commonwealth do not need a stamped visa to enter the US from Canada. Nothing has changed. Me and my wife drive across the border 5 days a week to work and I am writing this message from work. We even traveled on New Year's day to visit a friend in the US. I hope this helps to calm your concerns.:)

Automatic Revalidation

Dimple

I think that the Automatic Revalidation also holds good in case of people on H1-B, coming from Canada, even if they are not Canadian PRs

Thanks
hmnpa

Originally posted by dimple2001
Siddiqi101, you seem quite paranoid in a number of discussion threads! The policy remains unchanged. Canadian landed immigrants holding nationalities of British Commonwealth do not need a stamped visa to enter the US from Canada. Nothing has changed. Me and my wife drive across the border 5 days a week to work and I am writing this message from work. We even traveled on New Year's day to visit a friend in the US. I hope this helps to calm your concerns.:)

Hi Dimple2001, Happy New Year.

Since you travel across the US-Canadian border frequently, can you please tell us the process that takes place at the US and Canadian border posts. Do you just show the Canadian and the US officials just your Maple card or do you have to present your passport everytime. (to prove that you are the citizen of a Commonwealth country, or for any other reason)
If you do have to show your passport, do they make any enteries into it or in their records (computer) against your passport number.
Do you show them the documentation while sitting in your car or do you have to go into their office to provide the docs.

I would really appreciate your response to the questions.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Jeo.

joehardy,

While entering the US, I show my passport where I have my I797 and I94 stapled on page 1 next to my photograph. While entering Canada, I just show them the Maple Card.

I have (except once to declare product samples) never been asked to go to the secondary inspection. I have always explained my purpose of entry while inside the car. The US fellas do not and have not made any entries in my passport or anywhere else other than my licence plate number.

For the most part, the US guys ask for my citizenship and I tell them along with the purpose of entry and they let me in. Canadian guys used to ask my citizenship when I used my landing paper to enter. Now with me sticking out the Maple card in front of them, they do not ask for my citizenship or at least they haven't since I got the card. Hope this helps.

Dimple2001,
What is your citizenship? I have also got Approved I-797 form along with my I-94. But just wondering that they might pulled me in for Special registeration? I would like to visit Canada and get my Maple leaf card but afraid for registeration part.

Visa is needed

On Dec 28th two of my relatives(husband/wife) came to New York from Canada (thousand Island). They are landed immigrants of CA and are nationals of Pakistan. They were asked how many days they are going for. My relatives mentioned 3 days, so the US-INS gave them visas for 6 days (with I-94 card) and charged them $6 each.
The visa officer did not give any details on why they are giving visa, nor my relatives asked them.
My relatives returned on Jan 1st, 2003 and gave their I-94 card to the canadian inspector in the booth on canadian side.

Can anyone please verify that it's now mendatory to have Stamp Visa for USA before coming to US? I have been hearing alot fo different rumors, can anyone please confirm that?

I asked my lawer, she said I still can reenter the US border without visa as long as my H1-B status is valid and the trip is less than 30 days.

@
dimple-my question is if I have valid H1B visa then will they stamp on my passport while entering in US[we will travel by road and trip is for 4 days] or they allow us without stamping[secondry inspection-my friend was telling that they are saying to park the car and need to go in some building etc.........] Thanks in advance