Blog profit while on TN Visa

Ms Epicure

I am a Canadian citizen who is living and working in the US (very close to the Canada-US border) on a TN visa. I have been operating a hobby blog and recently, I have been approached by a US company that wants me to post a sponsored blog post, reviewing one of their products (in exchange for a payment). I know that I cannot do any type of work for compensation, while physically in the US on a TN visa, other than for my current TN employer. However, if I did the work associated with this engagement--wrote and published the blog post--while physically in Canada, would that be a violation of my TN visa? Since the payment is over $600, I plan on having the US company fill out a W-8-BEN with my Canadian Social Insurance Number. Do I need to make sure that the payment is deposited in a Canadian bank account? In addition, would any other part of my correspondence with the US company--i.e. negotiation of the amount of compensation--be considered "work?" In other words--do I need to be physically in Canada while I merely negotiate the terms of the engagement? Or, do I need to ensure that I am physically in Canada only while I complete the work for which I am receiving compensation--writing and posting the blog post?

Whatever you do while physically in Canada is impossible to violate TN status, since that only applies in US. Negociating is not working, so that doesn't matter.
Where the money goes is immaterial.