!!!!!!!!!!!! Birth certificates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJS

Registered Users (C)
I got my birth certificate from the Indian Consulate in Toronto based on my passport. i spoke to NVC but was told that it might not be acceptable and I must get an original birth certificate (whatever it means). My "original" birth certificate from India has my name mispelled. Can somebody throw some light on what I should do. Thanks.

Get affidavits from parents / relatives.

Birth certificates from foreign posts (consulates / embassies) are generally not accepted, unless you were born in the jurisdiction of that post and chose the appropriate citizenship. You need a certificate issued by the municipal corporation (or appropriate agency) of the location where you were born. If this certificate has discrepancies, please obtain affidavits from parents or relatives who were familiar with the birth. (Relatives should’ve been at least 18 years of age at the time of your birth.) You should submit these affidavits along with the birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not available, get a “non availability” certificate from the appropriate agency, and submit it with appropriate affidavits.

In the case of many applicants from India, birth certificate does not include their first name, since a name is not provided immediately after birth. NVC accepts an affidavit provided by parents, along with the original birth certificate.

No Title

if your name is incorrect in your BC its better to get the below two

get the affidavits from your parents and school leaving certifcate.

I have been advised ...

I have been advised to get a certificate from municipal saying, we don\'t have a cert "somehow" and an affidavit from Parents for my birth details.

EkGCChahiye, Question on Affidavits

I read somewhere on this portal that the affidavit\'s have to be more that year old meaning when we go to CP interview the dates on the Affidavit\'s have to be more than 12 months from there! Do u know if that is true?

Date ofAffidavits

No that is not true. There is no date limitation on Affidavits.
Infact recent affidavits are more credible

Patta Hara, Can you look at this link

rampage "PCC Tracking - Chennai Feb Interview" 1/30/02 11:07am

I am pretty sure he meant "Should not be older that 12 months"

Why dont you sent him a personal email and ask him.

Patta Hara - Is a recent BC issued from Municipal Board

from the office of Birth and Death registration good enough ? It indicates that the birth is registered in such and such entry in their system, although the date of issue of that certificate is very recent. Do they expect to see "original" BC which should have been made at time of birth, or original as in issued by the Municipal board ?
Also, mine does not have the time of birth, but just the date, along with place, name of both parents, etc.
Thanks,
- Mukul

That is good enough

Yup, BC from office of B&D is good. B&D is a dept of the city municipality.
Date,Place, Name of child and both parents is all you need.

Nope Original-Original BC is hard to find in many parts of the world. My original-original was made 5 years after the birth and didn\'t have mothers name. I just recently got a new one made in August/Sept that I had used for my CP in Dec.

You are all set. Just as added precaution I would also take X class certificate