Birth Certificate question

admirer

Registered Users (C)
How to get birth certificate or non availablity certificate from bombay if I have no other documentation regarding my birth date and place. I have no links in bombay.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

No Title

I used a birth certificate from the Indian Consulate in NY. INS appears to have accepted it as the RFE they issued was not for BC. I have seen opinions being expressed that consulate certificates may be rejected by INS but I have not seen anyone posting such an experience.

No Title

Were u born before or after 1970 ? I have a feeling if u were born before 1970 when BCs were not sort of mandatory (in India)then INS would accept consulate certificates... any opinions?

No Title

One solution is for a family member (uncle/aunt) to give an affidavit that he/she was present at the birth date when you were born. I was told by my lawyer that the INS accepts that. You should also take a birth certificate from the Indian consulate. These two documents should suffice.

No Title

Does the place of birth in your passport mention Bombay? If yes then you can get a NAC from Bombay.From the municipal offices dealing with registerations of birth.There r offices today in every area like Andheri Parle so on. You can check in any office and they will tell you by your residence at the time of birth, the municpalwardoffice you have to contact for NAC or BC.It is not allthat difficult in Bombay.You can use your schoolleaving certificate which will definately state your place of birth as well as your last page of passport which should mention Bombay as place of birth.You can also attach the affadvits which you require from 2 relatives and mention that you were born in Bombayand they were present.In the 60s the Bandra office catered the entire suburbs till Dader. Dader was the next big ward.If you were registered and if you dont know wherethen they tell you by your residence at the time of your birth which ward you have to contact.I wanted another original and I didnot know where I was registered but I found out in a days time just by telling my parents residence.If you know someone in Bombay you can do it.All they need is any proof that your parentslived in Bombay that year.

No Title

What Ashok Rai said seems to be correct. I born in 1955. I produced NAC ( Actually Notice of search from Registrar of Births), and 2 affidavits from relatives affirming the witness of Birth. Make sure relatives are elder by atleast 5 years.

Mine approved 05/15/01. RFE was for employment letter.