• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Birth Certificate - Help plz

Sammy967

Hello there,

I'm a DV2015 selectee with CN AS26XX.

My wife (the derivative) has a hand written birth certificate which was used at the time of birth in Egypt. Now there is a computerized version that is being used so, I managed to get her a computerized version. However, two issues arose:
1. The issuing authority made a mistake in the computerized version with her mother's last name which was misspelled. Do we need to worry about that?
2. The hand written birth certificate shows the name in columns as "First name, father' name, and surname" which matches her passport and all other documents. However, the computerized version shows only the first name, say Sally, underneath which shows the father's full name which consists of four names, say John Chris David Adams which does not match my wife's passport and other documents in which her name appears as, say, Sally John Chris David (with no Adams). Would this be an issue?

The hand written birth certificate does not have such problems and I just thought I'd get the computerized version because it might be more reliable.

What do you advise guys?

I'd say take both. Does Egypt have an identity number or something like that which can show that they are both for the same person?

Thanks Suzie,

No identity number unfortunately. My wife is not an Egyptian citizen either so, it's pretty hard to get any other documents! It was pretty hard to get the computerized version in the first place!