Big trouble K-1 Married first and entered

yasmin78

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I make the long story short for you so plsssssss help if u can.

I got k-1, instead of coming to US to marry my fiance I married him in my home country and then I entered US on the K-1. I filed for adjustment of visa recently it was then that I was told that I had commited fraud or the government would think that way and that I am in a big trouble. I had know idea when I did what I did.

There was no malacious intention for what we did except that he was visiting me to accompany me to US and then we thought why not to do the ceremony where both our families could attend. What should I do now?:(

Since you were already married, you committed immigration fraud when you entered the country on K-1. The K-1 visa clearly states its for a fiancee and not a spouse. Not knowing or understanding the law doesn't protecting you from the consequences of breaking it. Once USCIS sees your marriage certificate and entry date, they will accuse you of immigration fraud and put you in removal proceedings. Get a good attorney immediately. You might be able to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility, but they tend to be difficult to get. If the waiver is denied, you and your spouse will have to move abroad since immigration fraud makes you inadmissible for life.