Backlog will be eliminated - 18months remaining

where_is_my_gc

Registered Users (C)
Not sure how many of us already know about it. But if you go to ONLINE US PERM employer application center,

The headline says,

"Backlog will be eliminated 09/30/2007" followed by one BIG Button "18 months remaining"

Does it really mean our backlogs? or have they already started having PERM backlogs?

...And then new backlog centers will be opened to reduce backlog in I140. And then new backlog centers will be opened to reduce backlog in 485.

:mad:

All there are various taps used to throttle flow.I wonder how the same taps were spitting out approvals in 3 months in 2000-2001 It is question of demand and supply and probably suppply outstrips demand at this time.

Really "Backlog will be eliminated 09/30/2007"

BIG LIE I EVER HEARD.
:D :D :D :D :( :mad: :p ;)

where_is_my_gc said:
Not sure how many of us already know about it. But if you go to ONLINE US PERM employer application center,

The headline says,

"Backlog will be eliminated 09/30/2007" followed by one BIG Button "18 months remaining"

Does it really mean our backlogs? or have they already started having PERM backlogs?

DOL's Lie

Earlier they stated that backlogs will be eliminated by September 2006. Now they have extended it to September 2007. Next year the banner will change again and you know what that will read.

Banner

no, a small correction, GCBY2020, their banner will not change, it will remain the same even after 18 months.

Changing the year on the web page is a matter of 1 min

Last year they published 2006 as dead line, all of us know that how many cases PBEC approved after that. I work for Federal Govt, let me say the truth if their achivement 50% they will project as 100%. Among all reasonable size Govt organizations every year DOL ranked 3rd or 4th.. They will maintain that rank, never change unless their core management team change. Next year they will change it to 2008, no doubt about that.

But one thing is true, still this country is having good leaders in senate in Govt not like Indian Govt, where 530 + idiots sit and think about how to ruin this country.

We have to keep sending faxes and e-mails to Govt officials, definitely they will finish by 2007. No doubt about that. We should not stop our effort.

Based on 360,000 cases, assuming on average working 360 days(18 months), each BEC should approve 500 cases per day. May be possible for DBEC. How PBEC will work? Too optimistic way, PBEC may approve 80,000 cases for 18 months. Do they start another "Back log center" for finishing remaining 100,000? Let us wait and see.

Nothing new

DOL had projected 24-30 months to clear backlog. Its approx 30months from April 2005 (PERM became functional from March 2005 onwards). So there's no new information in this announcement! The real news will be that they clear backlog by the date they have set! Lets revisit this thread in Sept 2007 ;)

But Backlog centers were created probably in Sep.-oct'2004. So it's allready a deviation of 6-12 months from their initial projected date, which was allready frustrating.

First1 said:
DOL had projected 24-30 months to clear backlog. Its approx 30months from April 2005 (PERM became functional from March 2005 onwards). So there's no new information in this announcement! The real news will be that they clear backlog by the date they have set! Lets revisit this thread in Sept 2007 ;)

7 years we heard lie after lie...

They could not meet the presedential deadline...its very funny that they are going to meet this dead line...LOL.....Yet another lie...

..I doubt whether DOL can do it....

This is a more daunting task then putting man on the moon that was done is 2 years after a ex-president promised

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are trying to say is they will eliminate BEC in 18 months not process all the cases by then. Is there any mention of clear case in 18 months? and if so starting when ?

Also if they are promising to clear cases in 18 months, didn't we hear simmilliar promise before?

I think there is nothing to get exited about 18 months promise. Never trust them.

Acutally I really am not surprised with this cut off date. If they really work hard, that does not seem to be a big deal. Entering data into the computer was a bigger challenge. Properly entering one application into the system might take somewhere about 10 to 15 minutes. So thats only 5 per hour and 30,40 per day per person.

But when it comes to adjustment of these cases, about 250 people can do 4 per day which should be 1000 per day in total. or 100 people doing 10 per day.

Till 09/30/2007 DOL will have funding for BEC. After that they will close both the BEC and try to get funding for opening another BBEC in NO and send all the remaining boxes to NO.

LALOO_PRASAD said:
Last year they published 2006 as dead line, all of us know that how many cases PBEC approved after that. I work for Federal Govt, let me say the truth if their achivement 50% they will project as 100%. Among all reasonable size Govt organizations every year DOL ranked 3rd or 4th.. They will maintain that rank, never change unless their core management team change. Next year they will change it to 2008, no doubt about that.

But one thing is true, still this country is having good leaders in senate in Govt not like Indian Govt, where 530 + idiots sit and think about how to ruin this country.

We have to keep sending faxes and e-mails to Govt officials, definitely they will finish by 2007. No doubt about that. We should not stop our effort.

Based on 360,000 cases, assuming on average working 360 days(18 months), each BEC should approve 500 cases per day. May be possible for DBEC. How PBEC will work? Too optimistic way, PBEC may approve 80,000 cases for 18 months. Do they start another "Back log center" for finishing remaining 100,000? Let us wait and see.

Please refrain from bashing India in this place here. Just a request - dont want to argue.
thanks

So...
It's already 19-th and the http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/ says:

NOTE: This website will be unavailable on Friday, Feb. 17 at 7PM until Saturday, Feb. 18 at 9 pm for routine maintenance. .

I am afraid the same thing will we with the text that follows:
"18 Months remaining" it may stay there well after 9/30/2007 .

Can they do at least something in time !!!!!

TimeSaver said:
Acutally I really am not surprised with this cut off date. If they really work hard, that does not seem to be a big deal. Entering data into the computer was a bigger challenge. Properly entering one application into the system might take somewhere about 10 to 15 minutes. So thats only 5 per hour and 30,40 per day per person.

But when it comes to adjustment of these cases, about 250 people can do 4 per day which should be 1000 per day in total. or 100 people doing 10 per day.

Since PBEC almost did not do any processing I assume they all were entering the data. But let's say only 50 people worked on data entry. So 180,000/50/35 = 102 days to enter all PBEC cases. Now 16 months passed and they say they need 4 more months ?!