Backdated work experience letter for I-140 application

sobhat

Hi Friends,

I need your help and advice regarding a backdated work experience letter for my I-140 application. Below is my situation.

I am currently working for a reputed IT company in US. The company has started my GC process in EB2 and I just got my PERM approved. Now, as you know, I have to submit the work experience letters from my previous employers to demonstrate 5 yrs of progressive experience. I have 4 previous employers. I got the experience letters from all of them in company letterhead, but for one of them, the HR Manager has provided a backdated (March 2012) letter as the company was acquired by another company in April 2012. So technically the old company doesn't exist anymore and as if I really got the letter back in 2012.

I am feeling skeptical if this will create any doubt to the officer's mind and he/she might put the case on audit or I might get an RFE. Is it reasonable to think that it will create a doubt as all 3 letters have recent date (2016) but just one has a back date (2012) in it?

Please help me out in this situation so that I can correct any wrong approach before I file I-140. Thanks in advance for your help.