Baby delivery and concerned parents

bluestsky99

Dear all,

Greetings. Very sorry to trouble you, but I have some questions regarding child delivery in the US. As a background, both my wife and I have been green card holders from DV lottery for the past 3 years. We are currently living overseas because of my job. But we hope to go back to the US permanently when the right opportunity arises.

Right now we are planning to have a second baby and hope to deliver him or her in the US. To be clear, right now she is not pregnant yet and our questions are to prepare for that. Specifically, my question is as follows:

Assuming our plan all goes well and she is pregnant and that the airline allows us to fly there, will we be allowed to enter the US at say her 7 or 8 months of pregnancy by the US immigration officer? I specify the month because I am not sure if I can take any work leave longer than that and hence enter the the US earlier. We also may have to go back to where we are living currently in say 1 month after the delivery because of my job.

We really appreciate your answers. Please let me know if you need any further clarifying info. Also we are not inclined to wait until I manage to get a job in the US before we can plan for the pregnancy because of her age.

Thanks much!
Concerned parents

If you are both GC holders, the pregnancy won't make a difference. if you do not have medical insurance the delivery will be very expensive though.