Baby Born in Canada to US Citizen

Hello,

I Came to US in 2000 and now i am US Citizen from End of 2009. However I have moved to Canada in 2013 Visitor Visa and Still living in Canada. I have received the Canadian PR Card also. My Wife is a Canadian Citizen and She also has the Permanent Resident Card of US. We have given birth to baby in October 2016 in Canada. Can you please let me know if my child can get the US Citizenship or not? As I have not stayed in US for 5 years as a US Citizen. If not what is the other way to get Child US Citizenship.

Thanks

As long as you have been physically present in the US in any status -- US citizen, permanent resident, nonimmigrant, or illegal -- for a total of 5 years (including 2 years after you turned 14) before the child is born, the child is a US citizen at birth.

Based on the dates you have provided, your child is already a dual US/Canadian citizen (and perhaps triple). Contact the US consulate to get a CRBA.

Hello, I Came to US in 2000 and now i am US Citizen from End of 2009. However I have moved to Canada in 2013 Visitor Visa and Still living in Canada.