1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

B2 Visa - Travel Without Return Ticket.

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by kmallik, Jul 22, 2008.

1. kmallik

kmallik Registered Users (C)

Hi,

Recently i have sponsered B2 visa to my parents and they got it. I am planning to book one way ticket (i,e from India to USA ). Later after they join with me, May be after 2 or three months, i will book the return (FRO) ticket from USA. So will there be any issues at the immigration for them if they dont have the return ticket ?

Regards,
    Mallik.
  2. darren102

darren102 Registered Users (C)

Pretty much the CBP officer will think it is fraud and most likely deny entry if they do not have return tickets.
    Very risky what you are planning, they will think your parents are coming to never leave.
  3. kmallik

Actually I wanted to be flexible retrun dates for them. Is there an alternate way?

Do they accept open ticket for FRO ?
  4. booz

booz Registered Users (C)

dont think its possible

airlines wont allow u to buy one way tickets for B2. Only thing u can do is to buyan open ticket valid for 4 months or so. hope this helps.
  5. kmallik

You mean. Booking conform ticket for To ( India to USA ) and OPen ticket for FRO ( USA to India ) ? Is it possible like that?
  6. booz

booz Registered Users (C)

I think when u book ur ticket in India, its cheaper,,, or send money from here. travel agent usually asks for a copy of the passport incl visa stamp page.
    u can pick the date of journey from india to US and ask them to give u an open ticket. so the return will be valid upto 4 or 6 months...
    during return from US to India, call the airlines and ask them to book the return flight since u have a open return ticket.... unless airlines rules have changed.
    clarify with any travel agent.....