B2 Visa Question - 10 Years Multiple Entry

sgajulapalli

Hi,

I was wondering if one has been issued a 10 Year multiple entry visitors visa, can they travel any time to US in those 10 years of validity or is there any restriction that the person should initiate the travel within 6 months/ 12 months of visa issuance date?

Any responses would be appreciated.

thanks,
-Mahesh

You can visit the USA as many times as you choose as long as your total time in the USA is 6 months or less in one year.

Hi

Well...........You can enter the US, as many time as u want for these 10 years, but do not forget that u have to follow the dates that for every entry the Customer department(IMMIGRATION) will stemp u to leave.
When the immigration decides and stemp a date where u should leave the country, do it on time and then get back even the next week-no problem

hristova_snezhana@linuxmail.org

rocky7 said:
You can visit the USA as many times as you choose as long as your total time in the USA is 6 months or less in one year.

rock7

First of all, thank you very much for visting this board and offering your knowledge/advice.

Is the 6 months stay in one Calander Year or in one 12 month period (that could span two calander years) ?

srps said:
rock7

First of all, thank you very much for visting this board and offering your knowledge/advice.

Is the 6 months stay in one Calander Year or in one 12 month period (that could span two calander years) ?

How long a person can stay in US on a visitor's visa is determined at the POE and we cannot assume that it is always 6 months. It is usually 6 months.

This is counted from the date of entry, and stipulated on the I-94 that is
given.

Raju

srps;

At my POE, we usually use "Calander Year". This is also dependent on your age. For example, if you are a young person, I would like to know why you are going to spend six months in the USA. How are you going to support yourself while you are here. Do you work in your home country? Does your employment allow or afford you to stay in the USA for six months.

There are alot of factors that we consider. Alot of the dec. are judgement calls and it also depends on each officer.