B2 visa expires in a month, can i file the I-864 based on marriage?

mkatsa

Registered Users (C)
I Came to USa 2 years ago, three days into my trip i met my soul mate.

We traveled the world together living in Tanzania, London and just random traveling. We frequently visited the USA so she could see her family.

On our last trip her father insisted we get married and he wants us to stay here in the USA.

In other words, i did not plan to come to USA and marry a US citizen :).

If my I-94 expires in a month can i still apply for change of status?

Your help is appreciated thanks you.

I-864 is just one part of it, you need to file I-130, I-485 with that and if needed the forms for EAD and Advance Parole if immediate travel is in the horizon.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the Replies.

No we were planning on getting married eventually, we were already engaged. I proposed in switzerland. I was thinking the wedding and marriage could wait a few years, but it seems it couldn't. Her parents are very religious.

They also wanted us to stay in the USA

It seems there was no pre-conceived intent to immigrate when you last entered the US. AOS should be fine. However, please tell me if you have a white coloured I-94 or a green coloured I-94W?

No we were planning on getting married eventually, we were already engaged. I proposed in switzerland. I was thinking the wedding and marriage could wait a few years, but it seems it couldn't.

They also wanted us to stay in the USA