B2 to F1 to H1 - VISA Stamping from Canada

B1 to F1

Registered Users (C)
B2 to F1 to H1 - VISA Stamping - Please help

I came to USA on B2 visa for brother marriage in june 2006 and wanted to do my MBA here and got my COS to F1 successfully. I have finished my MBA and now working and have H1 visa. Since I have come to USA I have not gone out of country and dont have any other stamp than original B2 visa.

I wanted to travel and I know I need H1 visa stamp to re-enter. I have couple of questions:

1) Would I have any issues in getting visa stamped for H1
2) I want to get visa stamped from Canada or Bahamas.

Please advise and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI
Did you got your answers. I am also in same situation. Please help/guide if you know any more info

Hey guys did you'll get any responses. I heard that stamping may be difficult. I am in the same situation. Came here in 1999 on B1/B2 and never went home since. Now on H1 but no stamp. This year I want to go to get stamped at Hyd, but very nervous.
Any information with regards to this will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

H1b stamping from canada after coing on B1 visa

Hey guys did you'll get any responses. I heard that stamping may be difficult. I am in the same situation. Came here in 1999 on B1/B2 and never went home since. Now on H1 but no stamp. This year I want to go to get stamped at Hyd, but very nervous.
Any information with regards to this will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I read your blog post - that you came to US on B1 in 1999 and went from B1 to F1 to H1b. Did you eventually go for your H1b Stamping? And if so, which consulate? I'm in same boat...came to US in October 1998 and haven't left since! I also went from B1 to F1 to H1b..and now want to get H1b stamping done from Canada. Your answer will help me a lot! By the way I've also applied for my Canadian PR.

Please Help ... Pregnancy and Visa expiry.

My wife is 9 month pregnant with child due in another 4 weeks.
1. I am an Indian national on L1, with case pending with USCIS. I believe that the company has filed L1 extension upto 24th September.
2. I have a approved H1 with attached I94 with effective date as Oct 01.
3. Doctor has advised against overseas air travel.

Earlier attorney has advised that this will not be an issue and there is grace period as long as L1 case is pending, but
today he said that these cases can be interpreted in one than one way.

Will I and my wife be out of status for a week? If so, what are our options?

1. Can I and wife drive to Canada (for these days) and get H1 stamping done there?
Or
2. Can I (alone) fly out of USA for a few days and using that my company file for L1 extension for those days? I can return after getting H1 stamped.
Or
3. Are there any other means that will help my wife maintain legal status with having to pursue airtravel.

Please help.