B1 Visa for spouse while my I485 is pending

ani2010

I am EB3 stuck in retrogression. I have 485, pending since 2002. Last Dec I got married in India and filed I824 for my wife . My lawyer filed the I-824 with a request whenever my 485 is adjudicated that they approve the I-824 as well,
My wife applied visitor visa twice before marriage and got rejected, i want to reapply visit again 3rd time stating the reason as it is, is it possible for her to apply by explaining the situation with my pending 485, attached copies of all notices and documents I have filed for her (I-824). she is working in india now .

is there any chance of getting visa ?? may be this will be temporary relief in this terrible situation.kindly give your suggesstion it wil be helpful. i don't have valid H,L visa used the ead.

ani

Why was she rejected previously? Did she have a pending immigrant petition then? Was she employed then? Does she have other family in the U.S. in addition to you, including your family which is also now hers as well? Have you been back since the wedding/honeymoon? Is she pregnant?

Just how long of a wait do you still have for a greencard? Is your current salary sufficient to take on a non-working wife and possibly children at this point? How good is her job? What other ties does she currently have back home?

These are likely the questions that the visa officer will have, at least in his head if he doesn't ask out loud. How good are the answers? If you were the cynical and suspicious visa officer that gets lied to all day long, what would your decision be?

Expect the worst and anything else is a pleasant surprise.

1.she applied for B1 visa to join me here , they issued a white slip saying she might be possible immigrant, we were engaged and not married at that time when she applied B1 in 2009.

2. she was employed and also we submitted a letter from her organisation for permission for taking a long leave for 3 months period.

3. She does not have any other family in US.

4. i have visited her twice in last 1 year. she is not pregrnant.

5. My PD is Mar 2002 , i guess it will be current by next year by god grace. financially i am fine by god grace to takecare of my wife & children in future.

i guess i aswered all your query... hopefully you will able to give some sugesstion before she go for interview.

Why was she rejected previously? Did she have a pending immigrant petition then? Was she employed then? Does she have other family in the U.S. in addition to you, including your family which is also now hers as well? Have you been back since the wedding/honeymoon? Is she pregnant?

Just how long of a wait do you still have for a greencard? Is your current salary sufficient to take on a non-working wife and possibly children at this point? How good is her job? What other ties does she currently have back home?

These are likely the questions that the visa officer will have, at least in his head if he doesn't ask out loud. How good are the answers? If you were the cynical and suspicious visa officer that gets lied to all day long, what would your decision be?

Expect the worst and anything else is a pleasant surprise.

I have no idea how the VO will consider her request. I wish you well and hope that your priority date progresses rapidly.

There is not much one can suggest here. She has all the odds stacked against her. Having said that, no harm in trying one more time. Who knows, lady luck may shine on her!!!

hopefully you will able to give some sugesstion before she go for interview.