B1 question

fast_gc_seeker

Registered Users (C)
There is discussion in my company that on a B1 visa one cannot visit the customer site and bill them for work done. Is this true?

See the attached link. The idea of a B1 as I understand is if a company in one country needs to send one of there representatives to do some work at a customer site. The representative is not paid directly by the US company, but from their own company and country of origin. That's precisely what the B1 one is for.

Think of it like this. Suppose you manufacture some special piece of equipment for a pharmaceutical manufacturer. They pay you 50% of the value of the equipment. You then come over and do the final set up and testing of the equipment. Suppose it's going to take three months - you can bill the company here for whatever you what. however often you want. The government does not get involved in the billing process.

Their concern is that you as an employee of the foreign country do not get paid directly from the U.S. company.

What country are you coming from as that they may make a difference.

http://www.workpermit.com/us/employer_b1_b2.htm

See the attached link. The idea of a B1 as I understand is if a company in one country needs to send one of there representatives to do some work at a customer site. The representative is not paid directly by the US company, but from their own company and country of origin. That's precisely what the B1 one is for.

Think of it like this. Suppose you manufacture some special piece of equipment for a pharmaceutical manufacturer. They pay you 50% of the value of the equipment. You then come over and do the final set up and testing of the equipment. Suppose it's going to take three months - you can bill the company here for whatever you what. however often you want. The government does not get involved in the billing process.

Their concern is that you as an employee of the foreign country do not get paid directly from the U.S. company.

What country are you coming from as that they may make a difference.

http://www.workpermit.com/us/employer_b1_b2.htm
My question is still not answered. Can a B1 visa holder be billable at client site?