B1/B2 Visa Number Inquiry

somethingreal

Registered Users (C)
Hi! To those who already have a B1/B2 Visa, anyone here who has a visa number (the one in red ink) that starts with a letter, then followed by numbers?

I just noticed that my visa number is not an all 8-digit code. It started with a letter then the rest are numbers. I just find it unusual as the tourist visas I've seen only contains an 8 all-digit number.

Just wanted to know if there are people out there with the same format as mine.

Thanks in advance!

"If you have a laser visa, the number is on the right side of the first row of numbers. It will start with the initials for the post that issued your visa (for example, Merida starts with “MER”). If your visa is in your passport, the visa number is typed in red on the right side of the visa. " I came across while googling.

So the 8 digits alone represent your visa number.

Visa

Hi somethingreal,

Additionally this would not be termed as "visa number" generally. On any notice of Action mailed by USCIS check out any I-797 . Visa number in red color ink would be above the beneficiary name (A xxx xxx xxx) the 9 digit number (sometimes 8 digits since the first number is assumed to be 0) . If the number's not there, then there's none assigned.

Also be advised that the "Control Number" not the control number that begins with a year is not the Visa number.