B1/B2 to Green Card

Marcy

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone,

I was on F1 visa when my mother (permanent resident and just filed her citizenship forms) filed a form I 130 on my behalf 16months ago. I got a receipt number. Last year i finished school so had to leave for home, i just came back this year on a B1/B2 visa, my questions are:

1. Do i have to leave in 6months while waiting for the usics
2. Is there a form i or my mother should be filing while waiting?

thank you

Thanks for response, will i go through any troubles when I leave in 5 or 6 months and returning to the US?

Since you are young and finished with school, you need to get a job. A job will prevent you from having extended visits to the US.

I am now on B1/B2 is it possible to get a job with that visa?

On a side note, i just received approval of my form I 130, since I am in the US can I file for an adjustment of my B1/B2 visa?

thanks for your response, how do i find out my priority date, and what do you mean by is it "current"?

My form I-797c has a priority date of July 27, 2008. Can you tell me how to know if it is current?

thanks for respond, i took a look at this months bulletin but its difficult to interpret the tables. I am in priority 2b under family but i couldnt figure out anything else. Can you please help me out. thanks a bunch.

hello everyone,

I was on F1 visa when my mother (permanent resident and just filed her citizenship forms) filed a form I 130 on my behalf 16months ago. I got a receipt number. Last year i finished school so had to leave for home, i just came back this year on a B1/B2 visa, my questions are:

1. Do i have to leave in 6months while waiting for the usics
2. Is there a form i or my mother should be filing while waiting?

thank you

How can one get a B visa when an i-130 is pending and when Mom is in US permanently??
what's up with the fancy 'immigrant intent' requirement??

can someone explain??

Read up on INA 214(b). Plenty of websites explain thoroughly.

How can one get a B visa when an i-130 is pending and when Mom is in US permanently??
what's up with the fancy 'immigrant intent' requirement??

can someone explain??

Yes. It is difficult and with a low rate of success but I know of people who successfully obtained B-2 visas and visited the US while having I-130s in process.

Oh ok...i agree, low rate if the CO is convinced about the 'ties to home country'

But in this particular case of the OP, it is really unusual, I blv he/she may have concealed the facts (no i-130, no relatives in US etc), otherwise if those were answered honestly getting that B2 visa was the LUCK than an ignorant CO!