B1/B2 change of status to H4

baskaran_18

My wife has B1/B2 visa and is living with me from Feb'10. I am in H1B and have a I-94 validity till july' 11. My wife can stay here till Aug'10 only in US and have to go back since her 6 months validity is expiring. Is there any way I can apply for a Change of status from B1/B2 to a dependent H4 visa while she is in USA. I do not want here to travel India to process dependent visa, as she is pregnant now and may not be able to travel. Please advice what is the best that I can do? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks. Bhaskaran S.

She was working in UK and already had a B1/B2 visa. Hence she travelled from UK to USA with b1/b2. We thought of processing H4 for her when we travel to india on vacation during august. Please suggest can we process H4 here?

Thanks buddy for your reply.
Should I see some attorney for filing I-539 or can I do it myself by checking USCIS website? Shoud
my wife attend any interview in the USCIS office for the same or is it just an online process? Please enlight me on this.

No need for an attorney. It is a very simple form.
There will not be an interview.

Should I see some attorney for filing I-539 or can I do it myself by checking USCIS website? Shoud
my wife attend any interview in the USCIS office for the same or is it just an online process? Please enlight me on this.

Sorry for so may questions. Should I fill the application form and post it to USCIS office? Any idea how long the process takes? I am just concerneed since my wife's I-94 is valid till aug 15.

Download the form and read the instructions. It tells you where to send it. For processing times, look at http://www.uscis.gov.
Once you mail it, your wife is good, even if the I-94 expires.

Sorry for so may questions. Should I fill the application form and post it to USCIS office? Any idea how long the process takes? I am just concerneed since my wife's I-94 is valid till aug 15.

B1/B2 to H4

Hi baskaran,

Seen your post and wanted to check your experience on this. Mine is similar to yours

My wife is on B1/B1 visa in USA since Feb 2010 and i came here to USA in June 2010 on H1B.
We would like to know the procedure to change her B1/B2 to H4 in USA. Below are my questions

Can this be done with out leaving USA

How long does this procedure take and whats her status once application is made

If stamping needed for H4 , can this be done in Mexico or Canada

Thanks

Hello..My Name is Micheal from Nigeria,am presently in America on a K3 visa.married an america citizen.we had our good time,i came out here to america & was only here 2 weeks & got into a domestic Dispute with my spouse,Not even enough time to file my I-485 or even get a SSN..i ended up doing 6 months in the county Jail In the state of california & now facing cancellation and removal. am afriad cos my visa expires october 29th.i dont have notting,my wife was a crazy lady,she burnt all my paper works.. i cant even get a job to be able to hire a Lawyer..Please any one on idea on what i can do to settle this issue?am so scared of getting deported.thank to all

Quite frankly, I am surprised you were not transferred from the jail to the ICE detention center upon your release. Domestic violence is not tolerated.

I suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney to determine if you would increase your chances to return in the future if you voluntarily left. Check with social service agencies assisting immigrants to obtain assistance.

Hi Ghori/Deep/Bhaskaran,
My friend is planning to come to USA on B2 to take an exam for dental studies. Her main intention is to write the exam but we are also likely to get married in the US.
1. Does she need an invitation? If so could I invite her or someone should invite her? I am on H1.
2. We are also planning to do change of status to her from B2 to H4.
Would there be a problem?
Please advice.