[B] Petty Theft (shoplifting) - wife on H4; needs to travel. HELP!!! [/B]

abcd_w

Hi,
I was arrested for shoplifting a couple of days back... was taken to the police station and finger-printed. Have been charged with 'petty theft'.
Do not have a court date yet and will be hiring an attorney for the case.
My immidiate concern however is my wife's travel to home country. She's scheduled to travel in the next week and since my H1B renewal (the second 3 yrs) just came through, she'll have to go the the embassy in the home country for stamping.
Besides the fact that the nature of the case is such that I'm dying of shame in trying to deal with it, I've no clue how much of a risk is it for my wife when she applies for her H4 renewal from our home-country.
Can someone please help?

Some of my concerns:

1. Will she have to answer any questions (verbal or fill up any forms) concerning my history (arrests or anything to that effect.)?

2. Could there be any problems in the US embassy in our home-country due to this recent arrest?

3. She plans be get back in about 6 weeks. At her port-of-entry here, could she be stopped because of my recent arrest? (As I mentioned, I don't have a court date yet and definitely not a conviction.)

Someone, please advise/help! Some of you may be motivated to express the sacrilege I've commited. I appreciate your trying to show me the light. And I assure you, nothing you'll tell will make me feel any worse than I'm already feeling. It was a stupid thing to do and for stupid reasons, something I did not imagine I'd ever do. Anyway...

So if you can help... advise.... please write.... soon.

Thank you.