August Filers Post Here

imme

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I sent my I-130/I-485 application last July 31st and it was received August 1st. I haven't received any receipt nor the checks weren't cashed yet. So I am wondering, is this normal? I have seen other people's progress and they have their receipts and checks cashed within a week. So it makes me a little worried.

Anyhow, please post here also if you are an August filer. Let's all track our progress. :)

Hi imme

I am getting ready to mail the papers for mother's AOS. Hoping to be done soon to join the August thread.

Hope you get your check encashed soon and process for all ofus goes smooth.

Thanks Subbu

Imme,
Hmm, this sounds familiar. I was a july filer, now I am an august filer for some reason (check the July filers thread). I sent in my papers again and they arrived Mon Aug 11. I haven't heard anything yet, my checks are not cashed yet. You are not alone, though most pple seem to be going pretty fast.

I guess I'm an honorary August filer as well.

From what I can gather, the clock starts over again once an RFE response is received (for everything except the fingerprints/FBI background check).

I'm noticing slight slowdowns in processing vs prior months. I suspect the huge backlog of USCs that naturalized this spring/summer is starting to petition a bunch of I-130's.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Filing I-130/I-485 for parent:
DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)
8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)

Imme,
Hmm, this sounds familiar. I was a july filer, now I am an august filer for some reason (check the July filers thread). I sent in my papers again and they arrived Mon Aug 11. I haven't heard anything yet, my checks are not cashed yet. You are not alone, though most pple seem to be going pretty fast.

May I ask why you had to file them again?

I mailed mine this Tuesday August 12th. So far when I go to USPS.com to track the package, it doesn't say it has arrived in Chicago. How long does it take from DC to IL to deliver the package.

Long story, will tell again. Mailed 130, 485 etc in July, after @4days, received notice for i130 only. Then waited, waited, waited - meaning I waited for 3wks. End of 3rd wk, rcvd the rest of my forms rejected that I need to file concurrently with 130 or evidence that 130 was filed. I was all :confused:
So I filed again in Aug with copies of 130 notice. Now waiting...

May I ask why you had to file them again?

thx Jupiter for clearing that out.

Good news. My checks are finally cashed last 08/15. I will be updating my signature for the details of my timelines. Let's keep each other in the loop and best of luck to all of us.

I have never used USPS, I use UPS which is closer to me, that way I can track it online :)

I mailed mine this Tuesday August 12th. So far when I go to USPS.com to track the package, it doesn't say it has arrived in Chicago. How long does it take from DC to IL to deliver the package.

I am just wondering, if the checks are successfully cashed, does it mean that they have reviewed the forms and documents and they are ready for processing? Is there a chance of rejection still?

I guess I'll find out sooner or later but it's good to know if anyone has the answer :)

I am just wondering, if the checks are successfully cashed, does it mean that they have reviewed the forms and documents and they are ready for processing? Is there a chance of rejection still?

I guess I'll find out sooner or later but it's good to know if anyone has the answer :)

The first step in the process is "opening the mail" done by the Chicago lockbox people. They cash the checks, schedule fingerprints, and sometimes reject applications for blatantly missing documents.

The second step is adjudication at the National Benefits center. This area rarely rejects, but they often ask for more evidence if missing. They don't seem to adjudicate the legitimacy of a marriage, but rather look for things like appropriate birth/marriage certificates, and financial support documents.

The third step is local office interivew, where they adjudicate legitimacy of a marriage. This is usually the steps where most rejections (although still rare) take place.

So in short, you're nowhere close to being approved by the time the checks are cashed.

-ML

8/15/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)

Aug 2 - Mailed I-131, I-765 and I-485
Aug 5 - Applications received
Aug 8 - NOA
Aug 8 - Check cashed
Aug ? - FP Notice

Last edited by a moderator:
After a false start, finally my check got cashed today- sunday? Well I checked fri, it wasn't cashed but today it is. Probably a late update for my online banking.
7/14 Mailed 1485, 130 etc
7/21 check for 130 cashed
7/23 noa dated 7/18
8/7 rejected 485 etc- reason? I should file concurrently with 130 or proof that I filed :confused: I didn't comprehend.
8/8 filed again 485 etc
8/11 received at Chicago Lockbox
8/17 check cashed

You can get an RFE at any point thru out the initial process.. i got
my first RFE on day 71.. and i had thought i was in the clear..
so you just never know.

After a false start, finally my check got cashed today- sunday? Well I checked fri, it wasn't cashed but today it is. Probably a late update for my online banking.
7/14 Mailed 1485, 130 etc
7/21 check for 130 cashed
7/23 noa dated 7/18
8/7 rejected 485 etc- reason? I should file concurrently with 130 or proof that I filed :confused: I didn't comprehend.
8/8 filed again 485 etc
8/11 received at Chicago Lockbox
8/17 check cashed

Yeah same here. I got mine showing on my account last Sunday.

Oh btw, my question about the rejection is meant to be the rejection of the EAD , Advance Parole, or all the other stuff before the interview. Anyhow, it does seem clear that rejections happen at any time. I just need to know that the documents I submitted are correct with the required support evidences.

Although I can figure out what it means, what does RFE stand for? :)

Yeah same here. I got mine showing on my account last Sunday.

Oh btw, my question about the rejection is meant to be the rejection of the EAD , Advance Parole, or all the other stuff before the interview. Anyhow, it does seem clear that rejections happen at any time. I just need to know that the documents I submitted are correct with the required support evidences.

Although I can figure out what it means, what does RFE stand for? :)

Its not likely they'll reject your application unless its something like wrong fee amounts or incorrect forms etc.. but then your able to resubmit it correctly.
If they need more evidence from you, you'll recieve an RFE which stands for Request For Evidence. Something im familiar with =P and as we've all stated that can happen at any time.

Examples of RFE?

Hi all,

I just sent my package out this past Saturday!

I forgot their usernames and so I can't acknowledge them, but thanks to all that posted useful stuff here. Especially the templates for the cover letters for the packages; until I saw that, I didn't even think to make cover letters, and they made my package look so neat.

BTW, what kind of RFE do people typically get? More evidence for really being married, request for original documents, forgetting to sign?

Thanks!

Just a quick update, I received my notices today and I got my receipt numbers. Now waiting for the FP schedule.

Also, is there a guide for the acronyms used in this site? Not sure what LUD means when I look at your sigs :p

I also noticed that the Priority dates are blank. Is this normal? Which date should I use to compare with the processing times in the website?

I also noticed that the Priority dates are blank. Is this normal? Which date should I use to compare with the processing times in the website?

I've been comparing people based on ND = Notice Date.

Other acronyms that come to mind:
RFE = request for evidence
IL = interview letter
LPR = legal permanent resident
NBC = National Benefits Center
EAD = Employment Authorization Document
AP = Advanced Parole

Edit: A sticky to the thread below was just posted...
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=254923

-ML

8/15/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)