• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Asylum Seeker in UK

liya2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, my sister is an asylum seeker in Uk. She has been here for the last 5 years. However her asylum application did fail. However, she is married to a british man in 2003 and they have a baby girl. They made a marriage application to the home office and still waiting a decsion. And luckily to them, she won the DV-2008.

Now, being a failed asylum seeker what is her chances of getting a visa in Uk form the USA embassy? Does it really matter? Does any one has any similar experience and want to share it with us, please? Please help!!

Liya

Hi all, my sister is an asylum seeker in Uk. She has been here for the last 5 years. However her asylum application did fail. However, she is married to a british man in 2003 and they have a baby girl. They made a marriage application to the home office and still waiting a decsion. And luckily to them, she won the DV-2008.

Now, being a failed asylum seeker what is her chances of getting a visa in Uk form the USA embassy? Does it really matter? Does any one has any similar experience and want to share it with us, please? Please help!!

Liya

I feel it really dosent matter cuz the U.S cares less about UK Immigration procedure.As long as she has the necessary minimum requirements which are a high school diploma and an evidence of Support, she should be able to apply for her greencard at the U.S embassy in the U.K. ;Having said that, the U.S embassy might request to see her Valid British visas or evidence of legal stay in the U.K and if she doesent have any of those, she might have to go back to her home country to do CP. I think she really needs to talk to a U.S immigration attorney.

Asylum Seeker in UK -- Won Dv2008AF0000XXXX

Thanks Johnkent for the reply. Do you know where we can get a USA immigration Lawyer in UK, like in England or Scotland?

Did any body else have similar experience as my sister, what ever the out come was? Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Also, from my sister's case number(2008AF0000XXXX) can any one let me know when the likely interview be? Thanks and every little help really Helps, and please help my sis.

Liya