Asylum pending case but new EAD with category A05!

Hi guys, my case has been pending since August 2010, so almost over 1.5 years. I have applied for EAD renewal and my new EAD just arrived. On EAD, my category looks like (a05). I know this is for granted asylum cases. Then I checked my first EAD, and my category looks like same (a05). Do you have opinion about this? Is everybody has same situation? Thank you for your answers.
Hello,

I know this post is old but I'm right now with this issue. I receive a new EAD with category A05. How can I be sure this means is an Asylum Granted?

Hello,

I know this post is old but I'm right now with this issue. I receive a new EAD with category A05. How can I be sure this means is an Asylum Granted?

Category A05- means Asylum granted status.

Have you tried calling the USCIS
National Customer Service Center (NCSC) and ask for
Live Assistance - Tier 2 (Supervisor) He/she has contacts within USCIS

or Regional Asylum office EAD coordinator to find out? You can even try info pass appointment to talk to IO at ASC its free and wont hurt even if they dont help.

Last edited:
Hi!
This is my first time writing something on this forum, i've been reading it since i started the asylum process.
I applied back in 2012 when i was living in Oregon (SF office), i moved to texas in 2013 and i've been waiting since then, i feel a little
Down at the moment and i dont knot what to do. I recently applied for 4th ead for me and my family. my sons ead came as A05, mine is still c08, i called USCIS office and they told me my son is an asylee which i know is a mistake because he is only a dependant (i am the main applicant).

I've been waiting for a little over 5 years and still no answer, has anyone been waiting for this long? And do they make mistakes when they issue EAD's?

Tanks!

Last edited:
Hello on my ead card it’s says category A05 so it’s mean my case has been approved and I can apply for I-94

Yes, if you received a new EAD without applying for it after you had the interview, it's an approval. You don't apply for an I-94. The I-94 will come automatically separately in the mail. If you had an attorney, it will be probably be sent to the attorney.

I applied for new ead card and I got the category a05 but my first 2 ead card was category c08 I’m confused
If you applied for the card, it's different. Let's backtrack a little here, what does your asylum case receipt # say when you check the status online?

Hi there! I’ve got my new EAD today with category a05 (I applied for renewal). Before I had ead with a08 . Also I had interview 1,5 years ago. Didn’t get any decisions by mail or anything at all. When I check the status on web it says my EAD was delivered today and that’s it. Tried to contact uscis they said they can’t give me such information and I need contact office. Office is closed today till Monday. Any ideas?

Hi there! I’ve got my new EAD today with category a05 (I applied for renewal). Before I had ead with a08 . Also I had interview 1,5 years ago. Didn’t get any decisions by mail or anything at all. When I check the status on web it says my EAD was delivered today and that’s it. Tried to contact uscis they said they can’t give me such information and I need contact office. Office is closed today till Monday. Any ideas?
Is that the status of your asylum receipt number or your EAD renewal application receipt number?