Asylum pending case but new EAD with category A05!

voyar86

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, my case has been pending since August 2010, so almost over 1.5 years. I have applied for EAD renewal and my new EAD just arrived. On EAD, my category looks like (a05). I know this is for granted asylum cases. Then I checked my first EAD, and my category looks like same (a05). Do you have opinion about this? Is everybody has same situation? Thank you for your answers.

A05

Category A05 is good for 2 years. How did your EAD A05 expired in less than two years. S03 is good for one year.

Category A05 is good for 2 years. How did your EAD A05 expired in less than two years. S03 is good for one year.
That is the problem. My category looks A05 but it is good only for one year. My case is still pending.

Help Please

i also got the same problem but mine is 2yrs valid and its a05 but i did not receive my i94 yet.
uscis state that, my ead proves my status and on the category it said A05.i was asked to call asylum office and i did.
according to the lady i spoke to, said my case is still under review and no decision s made yet and she added that i can keep it hence its given to me.i then called back uscis they said EAD is there part so i94 s not there's so she advised me to contact asylum office.i was a minor applicant though and its 6months now no clear information.secondly social security office said i am an asylee with respect of the EAD but they said i definitely need the i94 package for unrestricted card because i already got a card on my former status(f1)
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS is it an error or what.

Approved

If you have an A05 code that means your asylum has been approved. My mother had this type of problem too and she ended up applying for a I-94 replacement.

Same case here

If you have an A05 code that means your asylum has been approved. My mother had this type of problem too and she ended up applying for a I-94 replacement.

I also got my new EAD and the category is A05, but my asylum application is still pending. does that mean I am granted Asylum??

How did your mother check if she was granted asylum actually before applying for the new I-94? did she contact USCIS or receive the letter?

I also got my new EAD and the category is A05, but my asylum application is still pending. does that mean I am granted Asylum??

How did your mother check if she was granted asylum actually before applying for the new I-94? did she contact USCIS or receive the letter?

She did not received any approval letter, we found out that her case was approval when she applied for EAD and the card say A05 and we download the form to request for a I-94 replacement and they mailed it to her and we also requested for all of her immigration papers.

Another thing is if you have RTD then you can travel and they will issue a new I-94

She did not received any approval letter, we found out that her case was approval when she applied for EAD and the card say A05 and we download the form to request for a I-94 replacement and they mailed it to her and we also requested for all of her immigration papers.

Another thing is if you have RTD then you can travel and they will issue a new I-94

I appreciate your reply sir, I am waiting for a long time. Did your mother receive the new I-94 stamped "Granted Asylum"?

I dont have RTD.

Thank you!

If you case is still pending then your EAD will say C08. My mother received another I-94 saying granted asylum indefinitely

Thank you!!!

If you case is still pending then your EAD will say C08. My mother received another I-94 saying granted asylum indefinitely

After contacting USCIS office I learned that my case was approved months ago, THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR! :) your post helped me knowing about my status. is there any way i can get the letter, I-94, new EAD without paying for those applications. You know they should be provided with the letter for free.

Did your mother get the letter and new EAD after applying for new I-94? because the letter is required to apply for I-485.

Thanks!

After contacting USCIS office I learned that my case was approved months ago, THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR! :) your post helped me knowing about my status. is there any way i can get the letter, I-94, new EAD without paying for those applications. You know they should be provided with the letter for free.

Did your mother get the letter and new EAD after applying for new I-94? because the letter is required to apply for I-485.

Thanks!

It is difficult trying to get free because you have to proof that you did not get the approval via mail. File out the form I-102

Thye will issue something i like a photocopy but not the actual original.. When we got my mom's copy i was disappointed but it was ok use

Hi,
I also have the same situation. I applied for asylum following the below dates

Aug-14: Applied for Asylum
Sep-14: Went for finger print
Oct-14: Went for interview
Decision still pending.
I applied for EAD This Feb-15 and it was issued with Category A05.

Can someone help me with what next to do since this apparently shows that my asylum was granted.

Thanks

This is very helpful,
I recently got EAD for two years with status A05, but i never received approval for my asylum. I didnt call them yet. But I have called the USCIS concerning my case before the interview but they always tell me that they can't tell me of my asylum status over the phone.
I would really appreciate if someone could tell me which number to call? and what to ask for.

Thank you so much

Hi guys, my case has been pending since August 2010, so almost over 1.5 years. I have applied for EAD renewal and my new EAD just arrived. On EAD, my category looks like (a05). I know this is for granted asylum cases. Then I checked my first EAD, and my category looks like same (a05). Do you have opinion about this? Is everybody has same situation? Thank you for your answers.

I like to know if you went for interview before applying for new (first) ead. You may also post your timeline here.thank you

Hi,
I jst receive my EAD on Ao5 status with out applying.. Can somebody help me on what is this.. I had applied for asylum case and still pending..
Does this mean that my case is approved. What to do further abd how can i know abt this.

Hi,
I jst receive my EAD on Ao5 status with out applying.. Can somebody help me on what is this.. I had applied for asylum case and still pending..
Does this mean that my case is approved. What to do further abd how can i know abt this.

If you did apply for EAD maybe you got approved or maybe they sent your EAD with wrong catogory. It happens sometimes.
But if you did not apply or renew EAD before :) let me tell you congratulations you got approved.
Congratulations

thank you for your answer.. I had Co8 catagory EAD and its expiring soon bt i did not applied for it and received Ao5 yesterday.so does it means my case is approved.

thank you for your answer.. I had Co8 catagory EAD and its expiring soon bt i did not applied for it and received Ao5 yesterday.so does it means my case is approved.
Any updates, please tell me more about your case so I could give you the right answer. When did you apply for asylum and did you do the interview or not.

@Jaff did you even check your Z status online? That's the first thing to do. If it says that case cannot be found, answer to Cos123 and Asylum seeker's questions. That's how we can guest what might be going on.