Asylum interview cancelled without my request or consent

Why asylum office cancel my interview without my consent or request ?

• political asylum interview cancelled without my request

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gurusamerica

Hello !
I got a letter from San Francisco stated that your asylum interview has been cancelled on your own request. Due to this request your EAD clock has been stopped . But I didn't send any this type of request to them. Neither my attorney did so. This interview was supposed on October 23, 2014. And I got letter of cancellation on October 21, 2014. I have tried a lot to call asylum office, but there is no any response. Neither they replying me by email.
Please suggest me what to do and why this happen ? Is it a generic message sent by asylum office ?

There might be many reasons, one might be a problem with the USCIS system. My advice will be to go at the walkin days and explain that the error is not on your side and that your clock should not be stopped (in order to apply for EAD after 150 days).
I don't think the emails and phone calls can have a great impact. The inquiries by mail can take several weeks, sometimes a month.
Good luck.

@lota2013 : Thanks alot for your reply. But please tell me that is this a generic message ? Ever before happened like this with anyone ? Because I think if this is problem from USCIS then they should send me a reason that why they cancelling interview. They have written clearly. That your request has been recieved and due to this delay in EAD clock..