Asylum Interview Cancelled and No sent new. desesperate

phoenixone

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My name is JC, i sent a I-589 Applycation for Assylum at Feb, 27; in March 8 i receive a Notice of Receipt dated with March 1, assigning me the Alien Number & Receipt Number , the next day my wife receipted a Biometrics Check only for her. I proceed to call to Miami Asylum Office at March 12, and they tell me that they send three Biometrics for me, my wife & daughter, The officer say that " he will send a command to the system for resend the biometrics missing". In March 21 we receive our notice for interview for April 9, but we don't receive the fingerprints & biometric checks.

I call again to miami asylum office at april 3, to say that i didn't received the figerprint yet, they sent me the fingerprint through fax.

at April 5 i receive a call from Miami Asylum Office, telling me that the interview was cancelled, and they will send a new interview notification in one week, at today has been passed 21 days at not received nothing, i'm so frustating.

What do you thing about this?

App Sent : 2/27/13
App receipt by Miami Asylum Office: 3/1/13
Notice Receipt: 3/5/13
Fingerprint (Only 1/3): 3/6/13
Interview Notice Date: 3/21/13 (For 4/9/13)
Fingerprint Notice Receipt by Fax: 4/3/13
Interview Cancelled: 4/5/13

Nothing More....

You must wait. Go to www.uscis.gov and use your A number to see how your process is going! By the way, don't you have a lawyer? YOU SHOULD! TO AVOID THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM.
Hi

My name is JC, i sent a I-589 Applycation for Assylum at Feb, 27; in March 8 i receive a Notice of Receipt dated with March 1, assigning me the Alien Number & Receipt Number , the next day my wife receipted a Biometrics Check only for her. I proceed to call to Miami Asylum Office at March 12, and they tell me that they send three Biometrics for me, my wife & daughter, The officer say that " he will send a command to the system for resend the biometrics missing". In March 21 we receive our notice for interview for April 9, but we don't receive the fingerprints & biometric checks.

I call again to miami asylum office at april 3, to say that i didn't received the figerprint yet, they sent me the fingerprint through fax.

at April 5 i receive a call from Miami Asylum Office, telling me that the interview was cancelled, and they will send a new interview notification in one week, at today has been passed 21 days at not received nothing, i'm so frustating.

What do you thing about this?

App Sent : 2/27/13
App receipt by Miami Asylum Office: 3/1/13
Notice Receipt: 3/5/13
Fingerprint (Only 1/3): 3/6/13
Interview Notice Date: 3/21/13 (For 4/9/13)
Fingerprint Notice Receipt by Fax: 4/3/13
Interview Cancelled: 4/5/13

Nothing More....

They can' t check asylum status online. The only time an asylum applicant get info online is when it is approved.

I’m on the same exact situation with the Miami location. My interview was set for April 15th, I got a letter few days before cancelling the interview and letting me know that I should wait for reschedule, it has been more than a month now and haven’t received a thing, and when I get in contact with my lawyer, she just say that I have to wait, but I’m extremely concerned, specially because all the process before this last notification with the biometrics, interview date, was smooth and right on time.

Anyone with an idea of what’s going on??

I’m on the same exact situation with the Miami location. My interview was set for April 15th, I got a letter few days before cancelling the interview and letting me know that I should wait for reschedule, it has been more than a month now and haven’t received a thing, and when I get in contact with my lawyer, she just say that I have to wait, but I’m extremely concerned, specially because all the process before this last notification with the biometrics, interview date, was smooth and right on time.

Anyone with an idea of what’s going on??

In same boat now. Can you update what's going on please?

In same boat now. Can you update what's going on please?

All you can do is just wait for the next interview letter,
and keep contacting your local asylum office every month to get latest update about your case.

Here is a copy and paste of post from other good poster here named "saltywater":
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...nding-for-over-8-months&p=2620488#post2620488

All cased within the pool are categorized into priorities. RAPS automatically schedules cases in the following order, exhausting each priority listed before scheduling cases from the next priority group.
Priority 1: Reform Rescheduled cases.
Priority 2: Reform cases beginning with those aged 21 days and working towards the newer cases (i.e., from 21 days
day old)
Priority 3: Reform cases that are between 22 and 100 days of receipt, from newest to oldest (i.e from 22 days old to
100 days old).
Priority 4:Reform cased that are over 100 days from day of receipt , from newest to oldest(i.e. 100 days-999days
Priority 5: Pre-reform rescheduled cases.
Priority 6: Pre-reform cased where the applicant request an immediate interview and the interview is added to the
scheduler through use of the INTERVIEW REQUEST(INTR) command.
Priority 7:prep-reform cased, starting with the most recently filed and working to the older cases in the backlog from
the newest to the oldest.

and since you belong to Priority 1, (and it was USCIS who reschedule you, so it is not your fault),
I think you will soon get a new schedule. (soon mean in the next 2 or 3 months)

another hint is,
all the poster on this thread that had the same problem like you,
had NOT log in to this forum again for the past few months.
That usually suggest, those people already get their problem solved !

Unfortunately, many people only came to this forum when they have problem,
but once their problem is solved,
they tend to "forget" to go back to this forum and help other :)

If I get my asylum approved,
I promise I will actively stay around at least for 2 years
(and perhaps less active after that but will still visit here from time to time)
on this forum to keep helping people with my personal experience just to pay back what I already learned from this forum !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CWH
I feel very sorry for you man, this is another example that we should not rely and double check information, from my experience physically going to asylum office is 100 times better the calling or sending letter.

I was lucky when I went to office and found out that my interview was in just two weeks and I had no notice yet, I am going to be interviewed on 11th.

Guess what? I got another notice today when I came to home. Next date for interview is now on 27th nov. It's crazy - i hope it won't get rescheduled again?
What do you say - should I go on 25th also to be 100% sure?

Guess what? I got another notice today when I came to home. Next date for interview is now on 27th nov. It's crazy - i hope it won't get rescheduled again?
What do you say - should I go on 25th also to be 100% sure?

Well,
I guess I am RIGHT when I told you that you will have PRIORITY,
but I don't know that it will be this fast :)
Well Good For You :)

anyway, don't go on the 25, just go on the 27 like what the new interview letter said.
just take this as a blessing because now you have more time to prepare your self for the interview :)

Well,
I guess I am RIGHT when I told you that you will have PRIORITY,
but I don't know that it will be this fast :)
Well Good For You :)

anyway, don't go on the 25, just go on the 27 like what the new interview letter said.
just take this as a blessing because now you have more time to prepare your self for the interview :)

My interview was rescheduled by Uscis on May 5th, still no notice. Same boat guys. Miami asylum office btw

I really need a help,
I have applied for an asylum 2013 and my case been pending since February 2013, I have got a notice for a fingerprint before I been scheduled for my interview and as soon as I appears for my interview by April 2013 I have been told that my interview been canceled because of shortage of officer and they will reschedule me another interview, since that time I haven't hear nothing from the USCIC and I did mail them twice a letter for updating and all respond was about to be patient and wait, and now I'm may 2015 I have got a second notice for a fingerprint appointment, I haven't seen my wife and my son since 2013 and she cannot visit USA until I have a granted sylum, would you help me and tell me does the second finger print means I will have an interview soon? And also I have seen cases been waited for 2 years after they have done the interview for a decision, is that mean the interview won't be the end of this patience, since I have been patiently eaiting for almost 3 years without seeming my kid and my wife
Help please !
Regards
Any advices

The second fingerprint means most likely that you will finally have an interview soon. Get ready for your case and good luck.