Asylum denied. Changing status through green card parents?

Patelbro

Registered Users (C)
I applied for asylum but denied at both Immigration Office and court. I have been in removal for the last 7/8 years.

My parents immigrated to the US last year through my US citizen sister. They are both green card holders now.

Is there anyway I can change my legal status through my parents now like filing for I-130 petition? Or is there any provision for illegal children with legal parents in Obama Immigration Plan?

Thanks in advance.

From what I heard and read, the process is much faster if you parents are citizens. If they just have GC and you are out of status and over 21 years old then get ready to wait a long time.

Need more information: How old are you? How and when did you enter the U.S.? How long have you stayed illegally? Do you have any U.S.-born children? etc.

All categories for children of permanent residents, and over-21 children of citizens, require that the immigrant be in status in order to file for Adjustment of Status. If you can't do Adjustment of Status, you can only go through Consular Processing outside the U.S., and leaving the U.S. may trigger bans which you can try to waive. Plus the wait is pretty long for adult children categories, and you're in removal which means you will probably be outside the U.S. by the time a visa number is available anyway.

I am 33 and have no children. I came to the US in 2002 with proper Visa and inspection at JFK airport. I have been in removal for 7-8 years now. Thanks!

If you are out of status and have been in removal for 7-8 years, you will be asked to leave the country and adjust your status through Consular Processing. There is no way for you to adjust your status within U.S. territory. while being out of the country, you will have to ask for waiver since you have been in removal for 7-8 years. That's a long time. It is possible that they may not grant you the waiver and ban you from reentering this country for many years. I suggest you to see an experienced immigration lawyer in your area to see if other options are available. Be praying for you. Good luck!

I think the ban is 10 years. So, before you leave consult an experienced immigration attorney. Also, I see that you'r from India and if your case was closed administratively or flagged as fraudulent then the situation is worse than you can imagine.