Asylum because of religious persecution in Germany

samgotti

If you are being persecuted (meaning verbal, physical and mental abuse on a daily basis) because of your religion, in my case being Jewish and wanting to express my religion by wearing a kippah, is there any chance of political asylum even though you live in a well developed country like Germany ?

If you are being persecuted (meaning verbal, physical and mental abuse on a daily basis) because of your religion, in my case being Jewish and wanting to express my religion by wearing a kippah, is there any chance of political asylum even though you live in a well developed country like Germany ?

You could try, but I think you will have a hard time making that case - and a frivolous asylum case is a bad idea. If you really want to try that, speak to a competent immigration attorney.

It will be hard/impossible, especially since you can move to another country in the EU/Norway/Switzerland. If you claim language is an issue, you have Austria, Switzerland, and more, and even the UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Malta, and even the Benelux and Nordic countries, where English is widely spoken, if not solely :) Finally, there is, of course, Israel.

It will be hard/impossible, especially since you can move to another country in the EU/Norway/Switzerland. If you claim language is an issue, you have Austria, Switzerland, and more, and even the UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Malta, and even the Benelux and Nordic countries, where English is widely spoken, if not solely :) Finally, there is, of course, Israel.

Not to mention the various laws Germany has that protect the rights of Jews and minorities in general.....