Asperger's and US student visa (F1)

jonsnow_d16

Hi,
I'm a 26 year old from India diagnosed with asperger's syndrome. I am planning to apply as an undergraduate transfer student in the US with Computer Science as my majors, for fall 2015. I want to study in US Universities because of their more practical oriented curriculum, which would better suit my talents and interests.

I'm 8 years out of high school.Of those, the past two years I've been working in the software field. Before that I attended college at a local institution which I later discontinued. My performance at that institution was quite inconsistent with really good grades in some subjects and really poor in others. I suffered from depression through much of my teenage years and young adulthood. That was one of the reasons for my inconsistent academic performance and gap.The rigid education system here was another. For the past 3-4 years I've been getting therapy and have become much better at coping with my asperger's . I've also recovered from my depression.

I've taken the SAT and have a score of 2260( 790 CR, 790 WR , 680 M ) in a single sitting and 2310 ( 800 CR, 790 WR , 720 M ) when super scored.(99th percentile)

If I were to apply for a Student Visa to the US (F1 Visa) , I would definitely have to mention my depression (and possibly Aspergers) in order to explain my education gap and inconsistent academics. Will mentioning depression and asperger's have a detrimental effect on my Visa prospects? Would really appreciate it if someone with some experience on such matters could shed some light.

Thanks.