1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As the new law effective september, no dv for iran or yemen or syria

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by 3amakmahmoud, Oct 3, 2017.

1. 3amakmahmoud

3amakmahmoud Active Member

is that true. No dv for iran or yemen or syria? Does that mean that extra visas will be available for other asia countries?

2. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about distribution of visa for other countries but there will be no DV approvals for those countries under the current travel ban, with some exceptions for Venezuela.

3. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

That is not really accurate. All of the selectees from each countries are eligible if they are dual citizens. So there will be some approvals.

Venezuela is almost "not" banned. The only ban is on certain government officials.

4. Pierre82

You are totally correct @Britsimon and I totally forgot about the exception of dual citizens. The ban for Venezuela also cover family members of these officials.

5. Britsimon

Yes, but we can't be talking more than a few people...

6. Pierre82

True and I doubt that they are applying to the DV Lottery but you never know lol.

7. cafeconleche

cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

The travel ban is limited, right? I mean, it is not indefinite, is it? So, applying means that eligibility could be different when the names are chosen, or am I wrong?

8. Britsimon

The latest version is not limited. But who knows what the future will bring.

9. cafeconleche

cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

Ah didn't realise. I can't keep track of these things anymore.

Pierre82 likes this.