ar-11 Change of Address form

dbmanish

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

After getting GC, I had happened to change my address. I filled up AR-11 form and mailed by normal mail/post. That time I couldn't get a copy of the form as a proof or didn't send by registered or confirmed mail/post.

Any idea how do I confirm that INS has my current address or they received my AR-11 forms?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

dbmanish,
Call your service center and give them your new address. They will update it instantly.

Thank you.

Do you know from where can I get the number? Is that the same that one use to check the status of I-485?

Thanks again.

Call 1-800-555-1212 to get INS toll free number. Then
call INS Toll Free Number. Then ask them for other INS
numbers.

Always send AR-11 by certified mail.

Thank you guys.

The INS toll free # 800-375-5283. When I called this number, they gave me local office address and suggested either to visit or mail in writting.

Thanks again.

The ins website says you need to mail to local office only if any application is in process. Otherwise, is it not sufficient to mail it to the address mentioned on the AR-11 form in certified mail?

Thank you Guys for replying.

Last week, I had sent letter to local office and CC to the address mentioned on form by certified mail with return receipt. Post person said that you would get a reply/return receipt from even PO BOX address!!

Once I get receipt, I would have something as a proof. And I have requested confirmation to local INS office. Let's see.

Thank you.

Hi,

Update:
I got a reply to my letter (cc:) sent to INS, London, KY address, that I need to fill out AR-11 forms and send them. I filled the forms for my family and myself, and sent them by certified mail with return receipt.

Thanks.
Manish