AR-11 Boo-boo

GC_TRAP

Registered Users (C)
Good Morning Guys,

So, I just found out I was supplied incorrect zipcode address for my new apartment that I'm sharing with my roommate. The zipcode is different than what was provided to me when I moved a few days ago. And as luck would have it, I have just filed my N-400 last week using the wrong zipcode.

Two options as I see it:

1. Change the zipcode by filing another AR-11 and showing the same address as my present address with the wrong zipcode ( i.e. show it as my last residential address, so the only change I will make in the new AR-11 is the correct zipcode)

2. Change the zipcode by filing another AR-11 and showing the last address (before moving to this address) and then my full new correct address

How does this affect my receipt of fingerprinting notice? Will this address change rectify in USCIS system and I should still receive the fingerprinting notice at the right address?

Suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks to all!

Two options as I see it:

1. Change the zipcode by filing another AR-11 and showing the same address as my present address with the wrong zipcode ( i.e. show it as my last residential address, so the only change I will make in the new AR-11 is the correct zipcode)

2. Change the zipcode by filing another AR-11 and showing the last address (before moving to this address) and then my full new correct address

I would choose option 2. The address you gave before (probably) doesn't exist, and the AR-11 may have been discarded, unless their systems or people have the intelligence to correct it.

How does this affect my receipt of fingerprinting notice? Will this address change rectify in USCIS system and I should still receive the fingerprinting notice at the right address?
AR-11 won't affect the N-400 fingerprint notice. But the wrong zip code on your N-400 may cause your fingerprint notice to be returned to USCIS by the post office (although sometimes they will check the street and city and send it to your correct address anyway ... hopefully they'll do that).

So to Clarify!

Thanks Jacko,

Let me see as I try to explain it differently.

I was living in City A with address A. Then I moved to City B with address B.1 (incorrect zip, everything else was correct). I had updated AR-11 recently showing current address of B.1.

Now, I realized that B is the correct zip and not B.1. So, when I do a new AR-11, do I show "old" address of A or do I show B.1. Of course in either case, the new address is B.

Does that make sense or have I muddied it more? :)

Thanks!

I understood what you meant from the beginning. So I said choose option 2, which is to act as if they never processed your erroneous AR-11 -- so you would file the new AR-11 with your real old address (from before you moved) shown as the prior address, and your correct new address for your current address.

If they reject the new AR-11 as a duplicate, no harm done. But if they rejected the first incorrect one due to the invalid zip code, now they'll enter the correct information for your new AR-11.