April 2011 Filers

Got approved!!! The interview was less than 8 min long (7 hour drive seemed like a waste of time lol) Did not get the green card yet, as the Dr. who filled out I 693 didn't check 3 boxes on the form. Took the form back, waiting on the updated one. The lady who interviewed us was very nice, said she would keep our file on her desk, so when that correctly filled out form shows up my Green card will go to production :)

I think I'm the last one in this group still working on this :(.....but we received the EAD today!!!!

I'm sure you will receive your IL soon.
I never received my EAD card.:confused: I had my interview last Friday and I asked about the EAD card and they interviewer told me that I would not need it anymore since I was getting my green card in 2 weeks.

Lizab213, is ct that busy?. Is your case complicated? Did you get a lot of rfe?
Hope you get interviewed soon

My case was slightly complicated due to the process...we were delayed about a month because my application was entered into the system so late and my lawyer and a representative from the USCIS 800# told me that they must not have received my application and told me to re-submit the package and to cancel my bank checks...then the case was entered into the system, so I had to wait for them to find out that the checks were bad, wait for the collections group to be notificated and to send me notification, I paid them right away, and then I had to wait for the collections group to tell the first group that I paid :( :(

I only received 1 RFE which was for the I-485 Sup. A (my husband didn't have proof of entering the country legally, even though he did). So, I lost about a month there, because I had to come up with another $1000!!

But great news for me!!! Our IL came yesterday!! It is scheduled for 10/18 which is the day of my best friend's planned c-section and my other best friend's anniversary....so hopefully this is excellent karma for us :D

Dman,

What is your expiration date on your GC? HOw do you know if it has conditionsor not? My husbands expires on 08/05/2011. They gave us a 10 year card. I think it's because we've been married for 4 years? How would I know if it has conditions?

Yes that's correct, they gave you a 10GC because you've been married for 4 years.

Interview Done :D

Our interview was yesterday at 11:15am and it went very well. They were about 30-40 minutes behind schedule even though they didn't schedule many interviews (There were only maybe 10 people that were in the waiting room across the ~2 hours we were there).

Our IO was a ~30ish, trendy female who was very nice!!!! She hadn't looked at our file previously, so the interview went like this:
1. Swear in
2. Asked for IDs (SS Card, Passports, EAD, Drivers License)
3. Asked us how we met and how long ago
4. Spent ~5 min flipping through the papers in the file (very quickly...i guess just looking to make sure everything was included)
5. Asked my husband about his arrest
6. Asked my husband about not having the I-94
7. Asked for our proof of marriage documents
8. Looked at my giant stack of papers left in my hand (mostly copies of everything she already had) and asked what else I had. I said my financial items, such as proof of employement, paystubs, etc. So I handed those to her.
9. She finished with saying that we should hear from her by letter in less than a week asking for additional information if needed or an approval. She had to double check the security something and have her surpervisor sign off on the file (b/c of the arrest on my husband's record)

We left feeling very calm about how things went. Our lawyer thought that it went very smoothly and she didn't see a reason why we wouldn't be approved.

***Then at 4:30pm I get a text from USCIS saying that our status has been updated....I started tearing up as I loaded the USCIS website on my smartphone and login and look to see that our status is now "Card in Production"!!!***

Now I'm assuming that means approved....Feel free to confirm

I'm going to post several tips of what our lawyer told us to do to prep for the interview as help for any DIYs that are unsure of how to prepare for the interveiw (in another post since this one is so long already)

Tips for Preparing for Interview

Interview usually goes like this:
1. Swear In (while standing)
2. Request for IDs (SS Cards, EAD, Passports, Drivers License)
3. Review of the I-130 with sponsor
4. Review of the I-485 with applicant
5. Request for Maritial Evidence

Helpful tips, I received from my immigration attorney.
1. Put SS Card, EAD, DL in Passport and clip with a binder clip to secure. Hand entire contents to IO
2. Organize all documents that go together with Post-It Tabs (stick on index tabs) and label tabs with what documents/group of documents are. For example for maritial evidence, I grouped all photes together under a "Photos" tab, Electricity statements for several months under an "Electricity Statements" tab, etc
3. Organize groups of documents together with Binder Clips (makes it a lot easier for you to find)
4. Top 2-Hole punch any documents that you think the IO will ask for. This way they can just open up their clips and put the documents in.

My stack included every NOA I received and a copied/2-hole punch of each NOA, all of the sponsor's employement information together originals and copies (also punched), three years of tax returns originals and copies of the sponsor (also punched), any other documents they ask for originals and copies (also punched) such as arrest records, maritial evidence originals and copies (also punched).

I feel that our IO was impressed with how organized we were and left a good impression, so it may be worth it to you.

Good luck to all :D

....and we are officially done :D

Received my husband's GC on Wednesday!!! It's amazing the relief you feel when the interview is over and now that we have his card in our hands...even more!!

Good luck to all who are still in the process!! Keep at it!!