approved fiancee petition returned by consular officer to USCIS

mayette

hi..im from the Philippines and presently working in cayman island.In July 2010 my fiance filed a K1 petition on my behalf and it was approved in october2010,i had my interview in US embassy in kingston Jamaica on Dec28,2010 but unfortunately i wasnt given a visa on that day..the consular officer told me that she found new informations/evidence that wasnt previously available to USCIS..and the case will be returned to the USCIS for a review.The CO didnt gave me the clear reason and what was the evidence she's talking about.And she also stamped my tourist visa with "cancelled without prejudice"..we are very disappointed and confused..and don't know what to do next..could u please help us and give us idea on what to do..hope i could find answer as soon as possible..thanks

Where to begin???

YOU have "no idea" what the problem might be???? Search your memory harder.

i dont really know why the consular officer refused to give me a visa..she only say that there is a new information that i submitted that wasnt with the papers that my fiance submitted to USCIS,but she didnt tell me what was it..i want to ask what to do with that kind of situation..and what are the possible things to expect from it..

Let's start with the USC petitioner. That person is fingerprinted and due to certain criminal convictions can be disqualified from petitioning for a fiance. A USC may be barred from repeated K-1 petitioning for multiple fiances in a short timeframe.

Now as for you, you already had a B-1/B-2 visa and it got cancelled. Have you ever overstayed or attempted to immigrate before? Has anyone ever petitioned for you before? Have you ever been arrested in the U.S. or anywhere else? Have you ever been refused entry or been removed from the U.S. Are you involved in any shady banking activities in the Cayman Islands or associated with anyone who is or maybe you are and don't know it???

my fiance( a US citizen) has a clear record..he doesnt have criminal convictions,and i am the only person he ever filed a petition.he is divorced for 8 yrs now.
no i didnt over stay..no i wasnt arrested,nobody petitioned me before,i was never involved in any criminal activities..i am a law abiding citizen wherever,whatever country i was at..

Think hard. Was there any material fact that came up during your K-1 interview that was relevant but not mentioned on the I-129F petition? For example, the USC's divorce?

my fiance( a US citizen) has a clear record..he doesnt have criminal convictions,and i am the only person he ever filed a petition.he is divorced for 8 yrs now.
no i didnt over stay..no i wasnt arrested,nobody petitioned me before,i was never involved in any criminal activities..i am a law abiding citizen wherever,whatever country i was at..

My advise is to clarify what is really missing requirement or any past documents that trigger the cancellation. Real all their rules.

could someone give us an idea on what to do w/ our case..consulate said that we will hear something from USCIS in 2 weeks..but it has been more than two weeks and we are still waiting..we tried to ask many times for the real reason why was i not given a visa but the consulate don't give us an answer :( hope someone could give us advise..thanks..

Six months. Make sure you fill out the forms correctly and include all information they request. If not,they send everything back to you and this just makes the process more lengthy.