welder

Registered Users (C)
Thank u for this forum.

I've been approved as of 07-30-03
case approved 1-98
i485 applied 02-01-99
finger print 04-01 and 08-02
Finally approved 07-30-03

applied for RTD but didn't received it yet, should i wait to travel to Europe or have to wait for the plastic card??

I appreciate any help and thanks to all.

Dear Welder:
Congrats Man!!
You have made it. Its so wonderful to see people getting through. I have my figerprint next week and hope to get approved by December given the trends.
Good Luck!

Originally posted by welder
Thank u for this forum.

case approved 1-98
i485 applied 02-01-99

applied for RTD but didn't received it yet, should i wait to travel to Europe or have to wait for the plastic card??

Congrats welder. You are making people happy by this anouncement. Let us know when you applied for the RTD. It ranges from a month to 4 months to be processed. There has been a backlog too ( refer to other threads about that). You will receive a document called I-551 that is treated the same way as the plastic card. However, you always have to have a travel document when you travel abroad. The problem is if you re-entered America with your national passport you may raise eye brows so be careful and be patient. You will get your RTD soon.

Thank u for this forum.

case approved 1-98
i485 applied 02-01-99

Congratulations, welder.

Before approval, did you get a letter asking for a new medical exam, how you entered the USA and so on? Thank you and good luck to you.

No questions about my entry to the US, wad admitted on a visitor visa then applied for assylum.
but I had to provide a biographic form filled the it took me around 14 days to get the approval thru case online check.

A big hug to all assylees and patience is the key. I thank you all for sharing this long experience.

so not even a new health exam?

When you first applied for the I-485, did you submit the I-94 with which you entered the country?

Thank u for this forum.

case approved 1-98
i485 applied 02-01-99

Congratulation welder.. so it took you a year to get the approval after you did you finger print huh. As for your question the time to get your plastic card also ranges between 3 weeks to a year. You can not make a reliable prediction.

Thank u for all for your kindness and support.

Indeed it took me almost a year since the fingerprint.

Another question comes to my mind, Can I travel (of course not to my own country I understand that )?
Do I need the plastic card or a travel document?
I am lost, and some posting are confusing. Am I a legal resident yet or I still need to be authorized by iio to get into the US?.

I believe if your native country's passport is still valid and you have stamp into it for the CG, then you can use this passport to travel.

However, if it's already expired and the country to which you plan to travel requires visa for US GC holders, you need re-entry permit to place this visa into, or to get stamped when you enter this country. And for your protection the re-entry permit is usefull when comming back to US.

That's my understanding of the procedure. May be someone more experienced can comment on this.

Cheers.

:)

Originally posted by rik-tik-tak
I believe if your native country's passport is still valid and you have stamp into it for the CG, then you can use this passport to travel.

However, if it's already expired and the country to which you plan to travel requires visa for US GC holders, you need re-entry permit to place this visa into, or to get stamped when you enter this country. And for your protection the re-entry permit is usefull when comming back to US.

That's my understanding of the procedure. May be someone more experienced can comment on this.

Cheers.

I do not think that this is a valid advice. I am not sure if you have been reading the forum but the BCIS has been suspending people's asylum for traveling home. So, using your home passport may raise eye brows with the immigration officer and they may start investigation about you and suspect that you went home. DO NOT USE YOUR HOME PASSPORT!!! As for the travel document. You can still apply for Refugee travel document RTD even if you got your green card. The re-entry permit processing time is currently more than a year whereas it takes between 1 and 4 months to get your RTD

Thought to share my experience too.

I've been approved as of 06-02-03
case approved 08-97
I485 applied 12-98
finger print 09-02

My case was approved with no questions asked. My wife which share the exact process and dates was requested to submit extra evidence (copy of birth certificate). Submitted documentation and case status check was updated to say the following:-
On August 11, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Originally posted by shamshon
I do not think that this is a valid advice. I am not sure if you have been reading the forum but the BCIS has been suspending people's asylum for traveling home. So, using your home passport may raise eye brows with the immigration officer and they may start investigation about you and suspect that you went home. DO NOT USE YOUR HOME PASSPORT!!! As for the travel document. You can still apply for Refugee travel document RTD even if you got your green card. The re-entry permit processing time is currently more than a year whereas it takes between 1 and 4 months to get your RTD

Well nobody said you can use your own native passport to travel to its our country. I said, if you presented your native passport when went to INS to stamp final approval for LPR, you can use this passport to travel, since the stamp is what the IO will be looking for when someone comes back to USA. Those are two different things - using already stamped national passport with LPR and traveling with natinal passport to its native country.

And as LRP with CG - one needs Advance Parole document, which has white color. LPR are not eligible for RTD, which are blue. There was a note for one kind of document, but the user wanted to travel immediately - so there will be two such travel documents.

Hope that helps,

Originally posted by rik-tik-tak

And as LRP with CG - one needs Advance Parole document, which has white color. LPR are not eligible for RTD, which are blue. There was a note for one kind of document, but the user wanted to travel immediately - so there will be two such travel documents.

Hope that helps,

I don't agree with this. LRP can use RTD as long as LPR is asylum/refugee based. Maybe someone else can comment too, jsut to be safe. Also if you travel with RTD you don't need Advance Parole (I think).

Thank u for this forum.

case approved 1-98
i485 applied 02-01-99

So your plastic card will be dates as of 7/03 ??

Asylee and Refugee can still apply and obtain RTD even after they have received the Green card. When you are requesting for RTD it asks what is your status and you can select the option for premanet resident. In RTD application it inquires that since your asylum was approved have you ever applied or obtained National passport and also if you have ever travelled to the home country...

In my opinion with the current political climate and because the BCIS is becoming so dangerous with minor infractions it would be better to travel after obtaining RTD....

Welder what was ur I-485 receipt date and Notice date?

Because my receipt is august 99 and Notice date is Nov. 99

never received a notice but applied for i485 on 0299. I obtained a lin after several call to csc/bcis.