Applying PR Card from US

kishore30

Registered Users (C)
Is there any way that applying PR card from US? And what is OHIP, i think it is a health card. If this is a health card, can we able to apply this card from US or not? and how can i get information about this card? I am working in US. I dont have health card and driving licence in Canada. I am a PR card holder of Canada. If i want to pickup my PR card do i need to have health card? I have sin card, is this enough to receiving PR Card pickup? Please help me

OHIP is heath card and you can only apply for health card if you have resided in Ontario for minimum 3 months when you go to apply for it you need 3 ID and the proof that you are staying in Ontario go to www. Google .com and search for OHIP and find the requirements for Card

CIC has not given any instruction that you MUST have Health card or Ontario Driving license to pick up the PR card, you can pick up the card by showing Passport and Original Landing document and SIN card
If one does not want to drive, they cannot force you to get driving license and it is not the requirement of CIC to pick up a Card just they want to verify that it is you.
You cannot apply for PR card from US; it should be applied from Canada and picked up in Canada
at But if you have any relative and friend in Canada send him your completed PR Card Form, Supplementary Form, Copy of Passport First page, copy of landing documents, get your 2 photographs in US according to CIC Specification for PR Card, mail all the material to your Relative/friend in Canada (you can down load the Form from CIC site but Supplementary FORM and Fee Receipt can be mailed by CIC to Canada address only, earlier they had the requirement that your photograph should be taken only IN Canada and needed the Photo shop stamp back of Photograph but now it is not required just they need photo according to CIC specification)
Your friend should find out notary/lawyer who is ready to notarize your documents in your absence, and then that friend should pay the $ 50 fees in Canadian bank with the Fee Receipt that is Sent by CIC with the Forms and your friend should them mail the package from Canada to Pr Card processing unit and once your friend gets the letter to Pick up the card then go to Canada and pick up your card

** Apply at your own Risk...

Question for canadian visa-help

Can you please answer this!!! I am a regulat visitor of immigrationportal.com. I have applied for me and my wife canadian visa via one of my friend who is in canada. I have submitted all the documents relevant to that. My friend told that once he filled the details with the fees, he will sent to Canadian immigration office at Washington DC in USA. I am rightnow in USA and had given my local USA address for all the communications. Do I have to be in Canada to apply for the visa? and I dont understand why he has to send to Washington DC office instead of canadian office in canada itself? Once applied what are the things I have to followup and when I will get the card? Your information will be very helpfull.

Thanks, ras.

Can you please answer this!!! I am a regular visitor of immigrationportal.com. I have applied for me and my wife Canadian visa via one of my friend who is in Canada. I have submitted all the documents relevant to that. My friend told that once he filled the details with the fees, he will sent to Canadian immigration office at Washington DC in USA.
--- I am sorry I did not understand your question; if it is for Visitor visa for Canada then you have to go to nearest Canadian consulate to get Visa, why your friend in Canada has to do anything?
-- IF it is for PR Card and you are landed immigrant then your friend has to sent all the forms with fee receipt to PR Card processing unit in Canada

I am right now in USA and had given my local USA address for all the communications. Do I have to be in Canada to apply for the visa? And I don’t understand why he has to send to Washington DC office instead of Canadian office in Canada itself? Once applied what are the things I have to follow-up and when I will get the card? Your information will be very helpful.
-- You have messed up your question and no body can understand your situation from the above statement
- Are you in US on work Visa?
- Are you trying to get PR card and you are landed immigrant of Canada?
Clear your situation

My situtation

Ginnu, I am a Green card holder in USA and working in a software company in USA. My wife is in India. Since my wife has to wait long years in India before get her USA visa via family based category, I have applied for me and my wife canadian immigrant visa (PR) via my friend who is in Vancover. Now, you may understand my situation. I haven't visited not even once to Canada. Since I dont know much details about appling Canadian PR card, I have told my friend to fillup the details. Now my question is:

Q1. What do you mean by landed immigrant? (I am not landed at Canada) When asked the friend, he insisted to send the fee receipt with the other documents (Educational, Experience, Fingerprint,etc.,) to Canadian office at USA for PR card? here only I have confused, do I have to give USA address where I am staying rightnow or I have to give my friend Canadian address in the application and second question is where to send the filled application forms?(means USA canadian office or Canada itself)

Q2. What are the next steps, do I have to follow once applied the application forms? If you know some websites which will provide this details it will be really helpfull for me to followup. Also how long will the process takes finally to get the Canadian PR card.

Basically I dont know any details about the sin card, Health card and when to apply, where to apply? etc., I am little confused this procedures of getting canadian PR card.

Please contact my mail id :ras22030@yahoo.com Thanks for your help.
Thanks again,
rs

From your post I still did not get the correct information
, I understand your position please let me know
1 Are you applying for PR of Canada or you have got the PR of Canada?
If you are just applying for Canada PR or Canada permanent Residence then you have to fill up the forms for you, your spouse and have to attach many documents, photographs and have to pay the fees, send the FBI clearance as you are working in US you should apply to Buffalo US and provide US address on application.
Once you submit the complete application to Buffalo you will get your FILE# after 3-4 months then wait for 8-10 months for Medicals and they may also require Interview then you will get Permanent residence of Canada, it will take 8 to 16 months to complete the process and you have to then Land in Canada before the expiry of Landing paper or PR
Visa

You can apply for PR CARD and SIN, HEATLH Card only once you are landed in Canada and become Canadian PR.

If you have got PR of Canada then you should land in Canada then apply for PR Card, SIN, or DL or OHIP Card

visit www.cic.gc.ca/english

Thanks for your information

Ginnu, I am not a canadian PR and I am going to apply for that. From your message, I have understand the details.
Thanks again,
ras.

You should apply if you get more than 75 points
you may have to attach your wife documents also
down load the Forms from CIC site or write to Buffalo office to send you the forms for Canada immigration in Independent Skilled class, read the instruction carefully then fill up the forms and attach required documents pay the fees
ask your friend not to send any of your papers to Washington or in Canada, you need to submit your papers to Buffalo RPC office with compleate documents.
if you are confuded take the services of Canada immigration Lawyer, many have offices in US and dont take the services of WWICS they are frauds ( The company is owned by Indian Mr Sandhu)

Applying to Canada is much, much easier than US. You can apply on your own and do not need any lawyer. Everything is very self explanatory.

If you have relatives in Canada, that always helps too. Then you are considered assisted relative. If not, it is still ok. But lawyer is not needed. Do it on your own and save yourself money.

If you have any questions, we are here to help you. :)

guarantor

Hi,

Could anyone help me with the following question:

I am a landed canadian immigrant currently living in US.
I need to get my PR card:

1) What should I do if I don't have a Guarantor?

2) Is there any way to have the PR card mailed to an address in Canada (or does it absolutely have to be picked up in person?)
If the latter, what happens if I can't go to get my PR card on the
assigned date?

Thanks a lot.

Re: guarantor

Originally posted by sunJayG
Hi,

Could anyone help me with the following question:

I am a landed canadian immigrant currently living in US.
I need to get my PR card:

1) What should I do if I don't have a Guarantor?

If you have been a Landed Immigrant for 2years or more then you require a gaurantors signature. You can also get your application and the supporting documents notarized, but you have to give a valid reason as to why you are getting it notarized insted of gaurantors signature.

2) Is there any way to have the PR card mailed to an address in Canada (or does it absolutely have to be picked up in person?)
If the latter, what happens if I can't go to get my PR card on the asigned date?

This has been discussed on this forum many times. The PR Card will not be mailed out. If you cannot make it to pickup your card, you need to reschedule. You will not be acomodated on the date you need.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Vault-

Indeed I have landed in late May 2001, and therefore technically
It will be less than two years by the time I send my application forms (though very close to two years). Would that imply that I should completely ignore the Guarantor declaration on my application forms (or should I still seek approval by an official who is not a Guarantor (Statuatory Declaration)?)

>If you have been a Landed Immigrant for 2years or more then >you require a gaurantors signature. You can also get your >application and the supporting documents notarized, but you >have to give a valid reason as to why you are getting it >notarized insted of gaurantors signature.

Thanks

I have landed more than 2 years ago, But sinc eI dont know anybody for at least 2 years who will be ready to be a gurantor, so I am going for notarizing.