• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Applying for someone with a double citizenship

Madness911

Hello
I was thinking of applying for th DV VISA
I was born in Belarus and im registered there and i have a pasport. And ive lived in Syria since i was 2 and i finished high school here, and currently im going to med school here.
Both Syria and Belarus are eligible countries and i'd like to apply with Belarus as my country of eligibility.

My question is : how do I explain all of this in the "country of eligibility " section of the application ? Or should i just fill at as a citizen of Belarus and not mention my other citizenship?

Thank you

You don't have to explain anything. They don't care about citizenship in the initial application. If you are successful and have an opportunity to apply for the visa, you will need to declare your multiple citizenships at that point.

Hello
I was born in Belarus and im registered there and i have a pasport. And ive lived in Syria since i was 2 and i finished high school here, and currently im going to med school here.
Both Syria and Belarus are eligible countries and i'd like to apply with Belarus as my country of eligibility.

My question is : how do I explain all of this in the "country of eligibility " section of the application ? Or should i just fill at as a citizen of Belarus and not mention my other citizenship?

Thank you

Just to be clear - it isn't a matter of what you would LIKE to do. The eligibility is based on your birth country and they don't care what citizenship you have.

Hello

Thank you

Like Simon said, it isn't what you'd "like" to do - the only way you could anyway claim Syria would be if you had a Syrian spouse who also qualified. You don't need to explain anything at all, you're born in Belarus so it would default to that anyway and an explanation would only be needed if you chose another country. Citizenship has absolutely nothing to do with eligibility.