1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying for PAN card (India) for a US citizen

Discussion in 'Tax, Social Security and Fin' started by srchanswer, Apr 21, 2009.

  1. srchanswer

    srchanswer New Member


    I am an US citizen and like to apply for PAN card in India.

    I am trying to find out what are the documents to get attested by
    the Indian consulate in San Francisco and the procedure for this.
    Later on I will send this documents to Indian tax department along with
    the application for PAN card.

    Looks like I need to get my US passport and US bank statements attested
    by Indian consulate. Because I am an US citizen, do I need to get these
    first attested by U.S State Department in DC, before sending to
    Indian consulate ?

    The instructions in SFO consulate web page are not clear.
    Has anyone gone through this process ?

    Thank you
  2. winthan

    winthan Registered Users (C)

    I think you'd better apply OCI at first, since you become US citizen.

Share This Page