Applying for I-90 as SB1 class

alassea

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I'd like to ask questions if you could all help me please, I would really appreciate it a lot.

I just been admitted back to the U.S. as an SB1 class (I overstayed outside the U.S. for almost 2 years but fortunately I've been granted returning residents visa after some long, grueling application process). Anyway, since I've been back and received the welcome notice up to the present, I have not yet received my new green card. I called the Service Center and was told that I need to file for an I-90 to get my green card back.

My questions are these:
1. What would be my reason for filing I-90 as an SB1 class, i don't think there is any in the choices that qualifies to my situation (e.g. lost, stolen, destroyed, or mutilated card) except maybe that my new card was never received(??). If that's the case then do I still have to pay the $260.00 fee?
2. Regarding date of admission and destination in the U.S. at time of admission (since I also have a change of adress when I returned), do i need to put the initial date and destination of my admission as immigrant or is it the date and destination when I was admitted as SB1 class?
3. Overstaying then returning with an SB1 visa doesn't qualify as abandonment, does it?
4. Also, do you think I need to attach a letter with the I-90 application explaining my status as SB1?
5. Lastly, where can I mail the application and how long does it usually take to process it?

I really don't know much about these things and would gladly appreciate any reply from you all. Thanks in advance for the help and have a nice day.

JoeF said:
I am not quite sure how using an SB1 works. Did you get an I-551 stamp in your passport? Did they take your fingerprints?

JoeF,
Thanks very much for your help and quick reply. Yes, I have the I-551 stamp in my passport and they've also taken my fingerprints, twice actually: first at the embassy where my SB1 visa was approved, and then again at the port of entry upon my arrival in the U.S. I guess I'll just have to include the reason and explanation in my letter. The NSC just mentioned that I need to apply for form I-90 in order to re-validate my card and get my old A# and initial admission class back. Thanks again :)

hi ms allassea. i have the same problem with you right now.. can i ask what dd you do? and how did you apply for I-90??

an if you have recieved your greencard already? How long did it take??

hi ms allassea. i have the same problem with you right now.. can i ask what dd you do? and how did you apply for I-90??

an if you have recieved your greencard already? How long did it take??
I have the same issue for my mother. Please..someone help and share how long did it take to get the new card? Did you file I-90 ?

Good day everyone,
Please assist with information, for those filling I-90 form and have an SB1 Visa now but had maybe an IR1 or a different one before.
Which of the Visas did you put as Class of Admission, if the old IR1 or the new SB1. Please advise. It's urgent. Thank you.

JoeF,
Thanks very much for your help and quick reply. Yes, I have the I-551 stamp in my passport and they've also taken my fingerprints, twice actually: first at the embassy where my SB1 visa was approved, and then again at the port of entry upon my arrival in the U.S. I guess I'll just have to include the reason and explanation in my letter. The NSC just mentioned that I need to apply for form I-90 in order to re-validate my card and get my old A# and initial admission class back. Thanks again :)
Please did you use your initial admission class on the form or the current SB1. Also for the Port of Entry, did you use the previous one or new one to fill the form

Hi all, I'd like to ask questions if you could all help me please, I would really appreciate it a lot.

I just been admitted back to the U.S. as an SB1 class (I overstayed outside the U.S. for almost 2 years but fortunately I've been granted returning residents visa after some long, grueling application process). Anyway, since I've been back and received the welcome notice up to the present, I have not yet received my new green card. I called the Service Center and was told that I need to file for an I-90 to get my green card back.

My questions are these:
1. What would be my reason for filing I-90 as an SB1 class, i don't think there is any in the choices that qualifies to my situation (e.g. lost, stolen, destroyed, or mutilated card) except maybe that my new card was never received(??). If that's the case then do I still have to pay the $260.00 fee?
2. Regarding date of admission and destination in the U.S. at time of admission (since I also have a change of adress when I returned), do i need to put the initial date and destination of my admission as immigrant or is it the date and destination when I was admitted as SB1 class?
3. Overstaying then returning with an SB1 visa doesn't qualify as abandonment, does it?
4. Also, do you think I need to attach a letter with the I-90 application explaining my status as SB1?
5. Lastly, where can I mail the application and how long does it usually take to process it?

I really don't know much about these things and would gladly appreciate any reply from you all. Thanks in advance for the help and have a nice day.
Please did you use your initial admission class on the form or the current SB1. Also for the Port of Entry, did you use the previous one or new one to fill the form