Applying for f1 (student visa) after reject tourist visa.

Srilatk

Hello-

I'm posting this on nbehalf on my brother.

He had applied for a tourist visa in mid 2013 ( right after computer grad to spend the summer with his family in the USA). His 2 sisters live in USA. He got a reject on tourist visa.

He is now working for a software company and just applied for MS admission for the fall of 2016. He got an admit in NC Charlotte and got an appointment with consulate in June 2016.

Any advise on How can we increase his chances of getting the visa approved would be really appreciated. What is the acceptance rate in such scenarios ,? Also do you know if his reject tourist visa going to dampen his chances of getting student visa ?

Any insights appreciated ..

I think the 2 cases are not connected. I know people who got denied a visa one time and issued next time. They say a student visa is easier to get than a tourist. I came on a student visa , the consul looked at my i20, my bank statement (I had enough money to pay for 1 year tuition plus 10 000 dollars for living expenses). I also had a note from my potential employer saying that he guarantees a job for me when I come back but the consul didn't look at it. He asked me why I chose the college and the major and where I have the money from and gave me a visa. So I think you shouldn't worry about your brother, there seems to be no pattern in how embassies issue visas.