applying for a green card

moonprincess

We are Canadians and we came to the States with an E 2 visa because my husband has two businesses in the States. The E-2 visa will last for 5 years and we are in the first year. This year my husband is closing one of these two businesses to focus on the other which is almost $900,000 investment and maybe open another new business within the coming 6 months. Yet the E-2 visa is under the business that he is closing, yet, we provided all the needed documents of the second running business while applying for the visa. Right now we would like to know if it is the right time and a possibility to apply for the green card under the second business and which form shall we use to apply and will closing the first business affect the status.

The other response left for you is confusing.

yes, you can be both american and canadian at the same time BUT - how do you plan on getting US citizenship?
You cannot get a green card through E2 ownership, sorry.

You need either a US firm to sponsor your GC, or you need US citizen relatives to sponsor your GC. End of story

E3 to Green Card via marriage

I am currently a E3 visa holder with with 4 months left till expiration. I have recently married my boyfriend, and want to apply for green card with family sponsorship. I know E3 is not a duel intent visa, but i have seen some people say they were successful. If anyone has been through this process and could give me any feedback, i would greatly appreciate it.

Did it work? How long did it take?

Cheers